Having now lived in the Gers for nearly three years (and been very happy!)for a variety of reasons we are considering relocating to the Perpignan area; perhaps to the south between it and the border. Any info or impressions of the area will be greatfully received especially vis a vis the 'wind' problem in the region which I am told can be quite disturbing.(No wind jokes perleaseeeeeeee!)

Hi
We have a holiday home at a tiny village called Montjardin about 30 mins from Limoux, 1 hour from the coast and about an hour abd a half from Spain. We were over at Xmas and it was cold and wet for three days prior( in fact we had snow on one day but it didn't last). Xmas day we spent on the beach at Narbonne and it was lovely and warm as was Boxing Day when we went working. New Years day we went to the coast again at Gruissan and I have never experienced such a biting wind.It cut through everything. That said it was the only day it happened. We bought the house last March ( first week) and it was lovely and sunny. As it was in June when we finalised it all. Two weeks in September were mixed weather wise but never cold( although a fair bit of rain). Hope this helps a little. This Xmas we will( we hope) have a woodburner installed as it was cold in the evenings.
Lyn and Arthur

Perpignan doesn't get the wind like the Limoux area where we get occasional strong gusts, generally - I hope someone will agree with me ... gets more humid than gusty, although having driven down to La Jonquera (Spanish border) today, yet again there was a strong gust blowing inland, but I don't think it's as dangerous as La Tempeste in the Haute Vallee

Kira