We've done it!

Still feeling anxcious but excited at the same time and we will be glad when we finally get the keys.  Which should be the end of May.

I would like to thank you for the help and recommendations recieved.  Maitre Benoit Duchan the Notaire was lovely and spoke perfect english.  He made us feel more confident and put us at our ease.

We went sking but unfortunatly could not ski at Ax Le Therm.  It was school holidays and all accommodation was taken.  We went further on to Andorra.  We are so thrilled at how close to sking and the med the house is.

Many thanks again

Gail and Paul

Yes, good luck to you and don't hesitate to ask for any other info about this area, there aren't many Brits around here really compared to other places so we all tend to help each other when we can.

I have skiied this year at Mont D'Olmes near Lavelenet and the conditions were very good due to all the snow we have had! Unfortunately my leg fitness is not what is was and the only way to the top is by button drags and I find I'm knackered before I start! C'est la vie.

Congratulations Gail and Paul!  We used Benoît Duchan a couple of years ago and are now very thankful for his thoroughness.  This is in contrast to one family we met at Christmas who were well and truly in the ‘brown stuff’ because of a sloppy Notaire.

Brian 11500   

Hi, Well done, I bought 2 yrs ago in June, its was the best thing I've done in years. I got to know the area by using my friends house as a base for ski trips for about 3 yrs. I always imagined buying on the coast, but having spent some time inland with the views, mountains, fresh air and the people I began to love the area. I used the same agent they used, Jeremy Campbell and he found a peach of a house. Where abouts have you bought? I am in Belviane close to Quillan, at present I go to the house about 6 times a year. The long term plan is to move down full time, but thats a few years away yet. Have fun Art

Lynarth

Yes, I believe there are quite a few arount Quillan now but I was really saying that there are not as many as in say the Dordogne, Brittany etc, and certainly round here, Aude Ariege border, you wouldn't need much more than two pairs of hands to count them.