We have been looking for a property in France for some time but have had difficulty in deciding what area to focus on as each region seems to have plus points.(and some negatives)

However we would like

1. Warmer weather

2. Close proximity to Skiing

3. Somewhere we can sit in a cafe and people watch

4. Golf courses within 1 hour

Is Perpigan the place for us?  If not please let us into your secret we promise not to spoil it.

Sorry Im probably being really thick but I know nothing about this area Is perpignan 66 also I presume it is a fairly large town.  Could someone tell me the name of any nice villages near by where we could get a property with a garden.

We are comming over ina couple of weeks and would appreciate some insider info.

Thanks 

Evian definitely! Beautiful town, international airport just down the road, boat across to Switzerland in 30 minutes, Lac Leman in front, mountains behind: ski-ing only 10 minutes away, large pedestrian mall to watch the world go by................. but don't tell anyone else!

But of course. Our ground is 1374m2 - mostly flat, which is surprising being on the side of a mountain, but the plots are levelled and no-one else's building spoils the next one up the slope's view. Restriction height of 9m height. Gardens of different sizes and shapes.

I think Ive lost the plot here I've just realised that Evian is not in Languedoc.  Sorry looking back my posting wasn't that clear I actually meant I would only like info on that region (we can only cope with one region at a time)

We have done Brittany, loire Valley, Limousin, Rhone Alpes.

Please respond and tell us your secrets, we are comming over in less thann two weeks and would like to be in the know so we dont waste to much time travelling round parts that wouldnt be suitable.

You're absolutely right - Evian is a very long way from the area in which you hope to be looking. As you say you have 'done' the Rhone Alps, presumably you have seen this area and know something about the beauty of the Evian area. Please send a PM if you need more information.

Hi

I agree with Evianers and love the Lake Geneva region, it has the skiing, warm summers, golf , sailing etc and stunning scenery, plus a good international community close by if you need that.I had thought about the Perpignan area and having lived in both areas have finally decided to go for the Lake Geneva region. Was there last week, 33 degrees was paradise sitting on a mountain overlooking the lake.

Joan