Last Sunday we took our visitors to Salvasa for their Ryanair flight back home. It was quite busy because there was a strike of the airport staff. We have just read that the strike didn't finish on Sunday and that Monday and Tuseday saw no Ryanair flights into there! We hink that they went to Perpingon?

Now Ryanair are saying that if this isn't sorted quickly they 'could' pull out of flights into Carcassonne!!

Anyone else heard any more on this???

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Last Sunday we took our visitors to Salvasa for their Ryanair flight back home. It was quite busy because there was a strike of the airport staff. We have just read that the strike didn't finish on Sunday and that Monday and Tuseday saw no Ryanair flights into there! We hink that they went to Perpingon?

Now Ryanair are saying that if this isn't sorted quickly they 'could' pull out of flights into Carcassonne!!

Anyone else heard any more on this???[/quote]

Midi Libre confirms that Ryanair did not fly into CCF and diverted to Perpignan, with passengers being bussed between CCF and Perpignan. It also confirms that Ryanair has threatened to pull out of CCF if the employee relations problems are not resolved.

Incidentally, Nimes is facing problems in the medium term because one of the defence cuts proposed at present would see the departure of Aeronavale/Marine from Nimes and the replacements proposed thus far have all come to nought. Again according to Midi Libre, the maintenance operation on the site (TAT Industries or whatever they call themselves now) is actively searching for an alternative site. Without the military (which currently provide the flight ops control and emergency services cover) Nimes could not survive as an active airport.

regards

Pickles

I shouldn't worry John he (O'leary - hope the spellings right) does this when things don't go his way and we have been there before in the past. I seem to remember that when Air France tried to take him to court he said that if they did and then won he would pull all his French flights. Corners, teddy and throwing comes to mind. Nice bit of publicity [;-)]

From the CCF website 'La Direction de l'Aéroport informe les passagers que le mouvement social ayant fortement perturbé les vols en provenance et à destination de Carcassonne est dorénavant terminé.

Les vols seront assurés normalement à partir de demain, mercredi 28 mai 'or the helpful  English version of the above 'Flights could start taking off again tomorrow, Wednesday 28th.''  does anyone know if  all is back to normal yet?

[quote user="JMB"]

It's okay saying that they are bluffing, but I would put a bit of money on there being a good bit of knashing of teeth and pulling out of hair if they did pull out of Carca.

[/quote]

I think Strasbourg and the French authorities thought he was bluffing until he switched to Baden Baden - about 10km further from the city centre than Enzheim.

My brother had to make his own way to perpignan he was charged 160e for the taxi fare, a seperate friend also had to make her own way and was charged 250e taxi fare , neither found any help at the airport at all[:(]