What's the best thing about living in the languedoc?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="katietom"]

My husband and I are about to exchange on a hoilday home in Calvisson.  We have already had 2 properties in normandy but since having children we decided we would be better in the south of France for he sunny weather.

the last 2 years holidays with the children have been awful as they want the beaches and swimming every day.  The beach was a 1.5hr drive away adn it was never warm enough for the pool!!!

Our houses were in the middle of nowhere and the children were quickly bored.

Are we being optimistic in thinking we are guarenteed sunshine in July and August? 

The house we have bought is a new build on a complex where there is a pool and activities so we think we've go the kids covered there!

I'm beginning to get nervous as we've never actually visited the house / area.  Some people would think we are barmy mad but we bought our first two houses like this and we have a 'sell up if you dont like it' attitude.

So ... what's the best thing about the languedoc?!??

[/quote]

I guess you have now moved in - how do you find it ?

BTW, I'm often at Calvisson market !

Peter

• 4 months later...

No not moved in yet!  Build was delayed and we go over to exchange and collect keys in Feb.  We are desperately trying to find some b&b or suitable accomodation near calvisson for 13th - 20th for 2 adults 2 children.  Any idea where we can try?

[quote user="katietom"]We are desperately trying to find some b&b or suitable accomodation near calvisson for 13th - 20th for 2 adults 2 children.  Any idea where we can try?[/quote]

Clearly not that desperate, nor possessing the manners to respond to a pm.  Time wasters.