How we wish that more people in the Geneva/Haute Savoie/Lac Leman would post in this section. There must be dozens of us out there with whom to share experiences. It would be really good to have some additional input from those living in the 74, 73, 38 etc. Departements. Look forward to hearing from you.

Could the problem be that "South East" is not well understood ?

Languedoc must be South. It extends as far West as the Spanish border. Yet it is included here as South East.

Better to use the Regional names ?

So, should it be :

Paris

Alsace

Aquitaine

Auvergne

Basse-Normandie

Bourgogne

Bretagne

Centre

Champagne-Ardenne

Corse

Franche-Comté

Haute-Normandie

Ile-de-France

Languedoc-Roussillon

Limousin

Lorraine

Midi-Pyrénées

Nord-Pas-de-Calais

Pays de la Loire

Picardie

Poitou-Charentes

Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur

Rhône-Alpes

Peter

There is an Ibis in Annecy, but of course, you really ought to be taking her to Talloires, staying in the Hotel L'Abbay, after wining and dining her at the Restaurant Pere Bise..... followed by a lifetime of soup kitchens and begging..... Tres Cher (well by my standards, but then even Flunch is stretching my current budget!)

hahahaha, my girlfriend works in Flunch, so maybe she can get you a discount [:P] I'm staying put earning euro's, not going to big hotels/resto's, not interested in that, I'd rather count my money every evening and have a swim in bank notes [;-)]

[quote user="JohnM"]There is an Ibis in Annecy, but of course, you really ought to be taking her to Talloires, staying in the Hotel L'Abbay, after wining and dining her at the Restaurant Pere Bise..... followed by a lifetime of soup kitchens and begging..... Tres Cher (well by my standards, but then even Flunch is stretching my current budget!)[/quote]... and next day at Marc Veyrat's resto - but you will have to take out a mortgage for that. Would love to stay at l'Abbaye- we walked into the lobby and had a look around - so beautiful.

The 'other' forum gets very few posts under the South East Section as well and the simple reason I think is that there are fewer members living there. Probably, because outside Paris this is the most expensive part of France to live in and not the place you want to be on a budget.