Restaurants/Wineries near Cruscades (near Narbonne)

I will be visiting Cruscades (west of Narbonne) from 23 Sept to 15 Oct.  I'd like to "discover" some local restaurants that offer great french food at a reasonable price as well as visit some quality vineyards.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

The best restaurant in the area is The Auberge du Vieux Puits

but it isn't cheap.  Reviews here

At Fauzan there is Domaine Chabbert where you can eat at lunchtime. On this page you have the details, plus other addresses

Chateau La Voulte-Gasparets  welcomes visitors .

In the north of the Corbières there is the town of Lagrasse with many vineyards such as La Borde Rouge  many listed on here

There is a logis de france in Lezignan (about 10 mins drive), which is well regarded.  (Name begines with a T but cannot bring to mind at the moment).  On the Beziers - Carcassonne road there are two highly regarded ones - one at La Croissade on the Canal du Midi - they have a web site - and La Salette, at Cabezac.  I prefer la Salette.  Also restaurants at Ventenac (again on the canal).  La Grange at Bize Minervois is fairly new, I have eaten there with an organisation I belong to, it seems well liked by the members.  There is a restaurant at Aigne, (the only one) which is well liked.  There is also a restaraunt called the Ballade Gourmand, again in Lezignan, again I've only eaten there with the organisation, but monthly - they do a nice meal.  It's on the ring road around Lezignan, near the camping ground.

None of these are very far away - Aigne is the furthest, perhaps 30 mins drive.  PM me if you want driving directions from Cruscades.  I live about 10 mins away from Cruscades.

As for vineyards - you are surrounded by them in whichever direction you go.  There is a Cave Co-op at Lezignan, which is celebrating its centenary this year, and is having a sequence of open days - it may well be able to give you some pointers.  There is also a tourist office in Lezignan, which may do the same. 

Are you thinking of Restaurant Le Turnedos at Hotel Le Tassigny in lezingnan Judith? It is very popular with locals particularly at lunchtime, be sure to be there before 12.30. Some other pleasant restaurants along the canal are Cafe du port in Paraza and En Bonne Compagnie in Homps www.in-good-company.com. Enjoy!

Amos,

Yes, I was - thanks.  It closes on Mondays - last year we meant to go their to celebrate my birthday - (which was a Monday) and found it closed.  We ended up at a restaurant we hadn't tried before, and won't go again, as OH was ill the next day!!!!

Yes, there are lots (?5) of restaurants in Homps, we have eaten at the one next to the Tournesol (? Peniche?) which is fine, but so far that is the only one there we have tried. 

The other place which the OP might want to try is Le quaille qui chant, at Montredon - a Routier, (on the main road from Narbonne), and easy to find from Cruscades), and very popular with drivers - more basic perhaps than he is looking for, but gives a true French experience.

[quote user="Judith"]Amos,

The other place which the OP might want to try is Le quaille qui chant, at Montredon - a Routier, (on the main road from Narbonne), and easy to find from Cruscades), and very popular with drivers - more basic perhaps than he is looking for, but gives a true French experience.
[/quote]

And does a fantastic fish pie.