Thinking of buying a property in Pezenas - any thoughts?

It has quite a few Brits; it's known jokingly as "Croydon High Street". Last time I was there there was an English Bookshop

It is quite a bit more expensive than some places around if you want to live in the centre.

You might get better value in nearby villages such as Roujan.

I tried to buy there a few times but it never worked out. I would happily live there, and worked there for a while

The main disadvantage for me is that there is no rail connection and the bus service is poor too. If you have a car parking can be a problem especially in the Summer.

It is convenient for the A 75 which is free. Not far from the sea, and has some nice countryside back up towards the Cévennes.

Easy to get to Montpellier for city shopping, or places like Agde and Sète. Btween the airports at Béziers and Montpellier.

It has the very hot summers typical of the area, and can be a bit stifling as there is not a lot of open space in the town itself.

Good Saturday morning market.

Active cultural life

Unemployment very high which you might not notice during the season but becomes evident in the Winter.

The nice boutique-style gift shops etc tend to close down then too..

[quote user="mint"]I'm sorry to hear that too, Norman.

Is it going to be soon?

Bon courage!  And come back re-newed and as fit as ever to spar with the Wooly One!

[/quote]

Early May..it's quite a big one (liver resection) so I will probably be out of action for sometime.

Well, I have always understood that the liver is an organ with the most wonderful recuperative powers and that you only need to retain part of it for it to fulfil all its necessary functions.

So I am going to hope that you might not be out of action for too long and that you will be back amongst us before we can even miss you [:)]

[quote user="NormanH"]Early May..it's quite a big one (liver resection) so I will probably be out of action for sometime.

[/quote]

So, perhaps, now is the time to invest in a tablet ... you will have plenty of time to become used to using it before you go into hospital.

They are a great way to keep in touch with the great wide world from the comfort of your hospital bed.

Sue

I know someone who had a 2 part liver resection; had first op, then a few weeks later had the second op, when there had been some re growth, had a very satisfactory outcome.

I think Sue's idea Is a good one; you'd have a couple of weeks or more to get used to it a bit, with somebody from the shop setting it up for you, even just email, some internet searching and of course this forum, you would have a way of passing plenty of time. Plus of course some music to listen to and books to read, much lighter to hold than a book when you're feeling rather weak.

Take care.

Thanks all...didn't mean to hijack the thread, but as a matter of interest the Hospital that has been treating me for the last 8 years and where I am going again this time is the ICM in Montpellier  a first-rate place which is of course easily accesible from PEZENAS [:D]

As for the tablet I have loaded my laptop up with Videos Music and eBooks...

On the over-the-bed tables they have in the  Hospital that will probably do as well and I am familiar with it.

Thanks all...didn't mean to hijack the thread, but as a matter of interest the Hospital that has been treating me for the last 8 years and where I am going again this time is the ICM in Montpellier  a first-rate place which is of course easily accesible from PEZENAS [:D]

As for the tablet I have loaded my laptop up with Videos Music and eBooks...

On the over-the-bed tables they have in the  Hospital that will probably do as well and I am familiar with it.

That was so good that you said it twice Norman, or was it an echo [:-))]

The very best of luck from me too and I'm sure the OP won't mind a bit of a hijaque after your input mate [blink][:D]

I have never been interested in a tablet, but I do like the odd pils every now and again [Www]

That reminds me of a situation where I got a thump from a BUPA nurse. I had to have an op in that area and she gave me one of that type of tablet to 'use' [:-))]. 10 mins later she asked "any results" and "no" was the reply. This was repeated about 3 times and the last time I just said to her that for all the good it was doing I might just as well have stuffed it up me bum!

She looked horrified and asked if I have swallowed it? I just burst out laughing and she clouted me [8-)][8-)]

Some people just don't have any sense of humour init? And this ain't a wind up, I actually got the chance to say just that..

Now then, you old goat, get yourself a tablet and move with the times.

Break several legs with the op and come back firing on all cylinders or I shall wanna know why!!!!!

Even worse, I'll send Nimt with soup made from the nether parts of various animals which will cure anything but leave hair in places you never even though of.

Regards.