Anybody live in Quillan area know if the lakes are still going ahead. Expected to see commencement of work this summer but didn't seem to be any work in progress. Last update I can find anywhere regards lakes was that work would begin in 2014

http://www.audeproperty.com/mboard13/mboard.php

First welcome to the Forum.

Secondly unfortunately you have duplicated a name. It is not your fault just naff forum software that uses your email address for the 'unique' name. If you would like to PM me (button at bottom of my post) with a new name I will change if for you. As you can see it makes life more confusing for the members as I am also a moderator.

Now for your question. The 'lake' business has been going on for at least 12 years. Some local bought all the land surrounding the proposed lake and wants to sell it back to the council at a considerable profit. That coupled with the fact that in the local elections Quillan went from extreme left to extreme right politics I think you will find that the new council has no intention of 'wasting' money on the lake at present. Recently somebody bought one of the compulsory purchase properties from the council which would be under water should the lake have gone ahead and have renovated it. Don't think they would have done that if the lake was going happen. However a new lake was built inside the L'Espinet holiday village opposite Carrefour.

• 1 year later...
Hi

I may be grumpy but at least replied to a 18 month old post

On the other hand after living in France for 20 years in three different areas can not wait to move on This area is a deprived poor dump full of cats, beggars old shut up shops and miserable people

Just one supermarket for the whole population a good kilometre plus

PS luvinlife best of luck for your adventure for me no regrets