TV programme-You call the shots Monday 22nd Sept

Neko

• 2 weeks later...
Watched it tonight, and as a seasoned Paris holiday maker was surprised at the amount of places I hadn't been too, that looked worth a try. Especially the 'parc de citron'. The other half wants to visit the erotic museum of course! Have read about the restauraunt with the baby bottles before, and I think it's more a place to go if you are new in town and want to converse with other non-parisians?(but I could be wrong?) Anyway, drinking wine from a baby bottle really isn't my thing!
And as I said before, do check out the catacombs...it's an experience that will stay with you for life, and we could all do with a few more of those!!!!!(In a good way!)
love Amelie

Finally saw the TV programme! I agree a few places we had not been aware of to visit. Yes, the baby bottle idea seems a little fetish (but perhaps thats just me!)so I'll leave that idea.
The Mc Donald white sign is significant thought. For example there are dotting around the world different coloured 'M' signs and it is amazing how many people have seen these 'other' colours. I understand there is a prize for collecting the whole set...but dont ask me where these signs can be located or what the prize might be. Sorry for that useless bit of information!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone, just a word of warning if you live in the UK and buy lenses over the net from America. My wife ordered some two weeks ago at a very competative rate compared to the UK. We had a card from the Royal Mail today saying they could not be delivered until we pay 40 customs duty and 4 handling fee. We buy a lot of goods from America (books, CD's etc) and have never had to pay customs before. Anyone else had any experience of this?
KESI

• 1 month later...
Having previously bought lenses online I was forced to order some locally after having considerable trouble with the company I used - not one of those mentioned here.

I was amazed to find that the French high street optician actually worked out cheaper for a 3 month supply of lenses than the online company sending from USA, and the service was faster and much more pleasant despite the poor girl having to cope with my French.

So ask your local shopkeeper before buying from overseas; you may be surprised.

Will (50)

Hi - Jongleuse here

I did actually check out the prices in the local opticians, but they are still dearer than the company I bought through, plus I could only have 6 months supply. Still we bought Jongleur's glasses from there and I get my lens solutions from there as they are cheaper.

Strangely, whilst a different named package/brand, the lenses are made by the same company as the ones I had in the UK and are made in the UK. It makes you wonder who is profiting if someone in the USA can buy them from the UK and still sell them cheaper from there.

I have been perfectly satisfied with these lenses, but took the gamble as the price was so good - with the exchange rate as favourable as it was. They also put a customs sticker on which wasn't quite the amount I paid, (but not far off) so I was a very happy Jongleuse.

Regards
Jongleuse