another question for my OAP Parents

sue

Just been doing a draft of the 2047 (2042 still not downloadable) and have got confused reading the below quote i have found on the "help" post

Q: I have a UK non-public sector pension - how do I declare this?

A: Company pensions and the UK old age state pension are entered (gross) on form 2047 section I. PENSIONS, RETRAITES, RENTES. The totals then go across to box AS/BS on the 2042.

Finally, if your French healthcare cover is courtesy of an E-form, then you are exempt from social charges (contributions sociales) on your UK company and old age pensions. So, on form 2047 section VIII REVENUS DE SOURCE ÉTRANGÈRE SOUMIS EN FRANCE À L’IMPÔT SUR LE REVENU ET IMPOSABLES À LA CONTRIBUTION POUR LE REMBOURSEMENT DE LA DETTE SOCIALE (C.R.D.S.) - just write in 'Titulaire de formulaire E121 (or whichever E-form you have), donc je ne suis pas a la charge de l'assurance maladie' and leave the amount box blank.

However, if your heathcare cover is under couverture maladie universelle (CMU) and you are paying your quarterly 8% health contributions, then your pension will be subject to social charges. If this is the case, then as well as entering your pension(s) in box AS/BS on form 2042, you additionally need to enter the amount of your pension in section VIII of form 2047 and transfer the total to box TL (page 4, section 8) on form 2042.

That's it for private company and old age pensions.

They have there health cover via the oap form (think it was the s1? from england). They have not paid anything quarterly nor have been asked to either. Should they have been paying something. IF so how do i rectify the none payment.

thank you again NormanH. I got a wee bit confused as it had "E" form and I know it wasnt an E form they had.

Where do i actually write Titulaire de formulaire S1 ( donc pas a la charge de l'assurance maladie' Is it just above the 5 x "8" boxes

As your father is 66? they have an S1 the old E121?  and your mother may have her own or be piggy backed onto your fathers. So no CMU; no payments etc.

They only moved to France last year, and the french would not put them onto the CMU just like that as there is a qualifying period of  five years residence. If they hadn't been retired they would have had to bring an S1, non retired type (E106?) which could be valid for a while and then they would need private health insurance or work and no S1 and it would have been private insurance or work, for the  the five years. Then they could end up joining the french system until their old age S1 started, then they would only be on the old age S1.

Complicated, yes.

sue, from my perspective, your parents don't sound 'old'. Why not send them to the tax inspector to sort these forms out??? If they had 'just' moved to France on their own, they would have had to get on and do it. I realise that health reasons could be a good reason not to, but if they are not unwell, I'd be sending them.

They are 66 and 64. They help me out a lot with child care so the least i could do is help them fill this in. Their French is very poor but is slowly getting better. If I was not here they would not of moved over. Since they have moved here my life has become a lot easier and maybe theirs harder as they left a lot of friends behind (their choice i know) and also my brother. Asking a few questions in my evenings rather then spending a good few hours with the tax man as i would have to go with them (yes i would feel obliged) is a lot easier for me. I was using the tax help post that is in this section and thought maybe they should of been paying because I am pretty sure the form they used to get their carte vital was an S form not an E form. As I explained in a previous post to either you or Normanh ( on blasted phone so can't check) I missed the comments regarding pensions. How I don't know. Obviously the " help" post is very helpful but maybe needs a tiny bit updating if the forms have changed.

I think that about five years ago or there abouts, most of the E forms became S forms. I think that the french were using old E forms for us until recently.

Your reply made me feel very old, I'm 60 and we 60 year olds sort can our lives out can't we, even when child minding???

Ah no sue, finding english speakers when one moves to France is not the answer to anything. What if you were not there, business, hospital, anything and they had to sort stuff out for a little while for you and your family. Just how stressful would that be.

As I said, they are not 'old', but I suppose when past 60, old age is approaching, so a good time to get to grips with french and french ways of dealing with things as french residents.

LOL You are making me feel old, and if I followed this reasoning, should be feeling  incapable and stressed by my own inadequacies.Glad I am not.

By the way some people here have been asked to produce their S1 forms, as can be seen in another thread, so make sure you have a copy handy.

To explain, up till a year or so ago social charges (for those who have to pay them, not your parents) were collected by another body called the URSSAF.

Now they are collected by the tax people on the basis of the tax declaration so while they are getting things together they are asking for various things as proof.

I would write the phrase across the section V111 at the very bottom of the pink form 2047 without filling in any figures

[quote user="idun"]Ah no sue, finding english speakers when one moves to France is not the answer to anything. What if you were not there, business, hospital, anything and they had to sort stuff out for a little while for you and your family. Just how stressful would that be.

As I said, they are not 'old', but I suppose when past 60, old age is approaching, so a good time to get to grips with french and french ways of dealing with things as french residents.

LOL You are making me feel old, and if I followed this reasoning, should be feeling  incapable and stressed by my own inadequacies.Glad I am not.

[/quote]

I'm not trying to make you feel old. Not in the slightest. However they have not been in France long and I was trying to explain why I am helping them with the first tax return. Next year it will be a simple 1 2 3. They have manage to go the dentist, buy a car etc but the tax forms scare the French let alone an English couple with limited French. In fact they are out and about most days.

[quote user="Pommier"]I think you're right to help them Sue; after all it's not as if it's some test they've got to pass![/quote]

Naturally is it correct to help one's parents. 

But I do believe that it is a test that one does have to pass this test…    If not, why did the examiners call me in (several years after the event) about my script of 2007 ?

its half a dozen boxes that need fillling in. All i wanted was to make sure i was reading the information correctly. Some of the things I have asked has been there right in front of me but I missed it. I will explain everything to them as i have been doing so far. They will know what I have put and why. I'm not trying to swap roles or anything just trying to help them. I got told the other day this was the place to ask for help and to keep asking questions. So thats what I have done. I got help from friends (that have now moved away) when i first came over so now I would like to help my parents that have helped me all my life and continually to do so. Its one thing I am trying to help them with. I will go back to google finding out the information. Thank you for those that have helped me.