2 days in may in Paris

Hi we have just got back from two days in Paris, first time for me, my husband has been before many years ago, and it was a wonderful experience. We live in the south Haute Vienne so took the train from Limoges to Paris, 3 hours and the train was very good and comfortable. Took the metro to near our Hotel which was 500 mtrs or so from the Eiffel Tower.

On the first afternoon we met some Americans who were on their way home and they gave us some tickets for "les cars rouges" and what a god send they were.

They cost 24 euro each and are valid for two days, but the Americans just gave them to us. The following day we found the first stop in front of the Eiffel Tower, showed our tickets and went to the Musee du Louvre.

There are 9 stops with this bus and the Musee d'Orsay is one of them. You can get off at any stop and do what you want to do for how long you want to do it and then go back to the stop and get the next bus. They come every 10 minutes. You pay on the bus and keep your tickets for two days. They give you a brochure with all the bus times on etc.

We got back on the bus from the Lourvre and went through to the Champs Elysees and got off and had lunch and took the next bus back to the Eiffel Tower. We told the driver however that we were running short of time and he dropped us off near our hotel which was not a scheduled stop, bless him.

If you only have a short time I would recommend this bus.

The other thing I will say is we have just been and it was very very busy to get into various places, we had to wait for an hour to go up the tower and about the same for the Louvre.

Check menus when eating and drinking, we paid 18 euro for 2 beers medium size and learnt to check the prices after that experience. We had a nice lunch on the Champs Elysees for 13 euro - main course and sweet and 5.50 for a demi pitcher of wine, not bad.

Wonderful place, cannot wait to go again, have fun!

• 2 weeks later...