Paris!!!

PesteNoire

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

La Cave d' Huchette at Rue d'Huchette.  It is the oldest jazz club in Paris.  10 euro entrance then you go down stairs into the vaulted ceiling part and boy can they dance.  Live music starts at 9.30 and all my guests from my mother to the rugby boys love it there.

Metro St Michel

Hi there.  Haven't seen Janis in  a while.[;-)] How are you doing?

As this is a very old thread I wonder if I can hi-jack it for a moment?  Katie, and other Paris residents, can you tell me what the Periferique (sp?) is like during final day of the Tour?  Empty because everybody is watching the bikes, or packed with people unable to reach the city centre?

Hi Coops, hope you are well.  I have not got a clue what the periferique is like on the day of the Tour.  In fact last year I watched it on TV and could hear the film crew helicopter outside my apartment.  It was great having a birds eye view of this beautiful city.

I popped out onto the Champs Eleezay for something stupid early in the morning and the atmosphere was electric.

• 4 months later...
A guided tour in Museum d'Orsay is very good. I know nothing about art but I was amazed as the guide explained.

I thought it was a lot better than the Lourve I suppose because everyone wants to see the Mona lisa when they go there.

[quote user="Gyro"]I suppose because everyone wants to see the Mona lisa [/quote]Yes, and why for goodness's sake? (Discuss.)

This is one of those Lazarus threads - I think the op was going last July!  But I agree, the Musee d'Orsay is fab.  Plus, it's a lovely (railway) building, to boot.