Fleurs

simi90

Is it allowed to pick up wild primeroses (primula) from the nature in this region?

Est-ce qu'il est interdit de ceuiilir les primevères de la nature à côté d'une route?

thanks for your answer

Merci pour votre reponse!

simi90 - in reply to your PM

It is selfish because it prevents other people enjoying them. If everyone took just 3 or 5 (and I would be very surprised if you stopped at such a low number) there would soon be none left.

If you want them so badly, buy your own, tell us where you live and we will pick yours.

John

of course i stop at this such low numer...because I just like to have 3-5 in my own garden. Thats it...and I've not the possibility to pick up more, cause I don't know where to put them in!

I'll not sell them. I know other persons do this.

I'm not from here, I'm from Denmark! And over,there these kind of flowers do not exist,

[quote user="simi90"]. I'm not from here, I'm from Denmark! And over,there these kind of flowers do not exist,[/quote]

Oh yes they do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Primrose

From the Pharoe Islands and Norway to Portugal and East to the Ukraine and Turkey.

As someone else posted by taking these you deprive everone else of them not just for this year but forever, since they will not produce seed and create next year's plants.

Just three, suppose I came to your house and took away just three items - I think you would be justified in calling me a thief.

@Andy..ohh no I'm sure, i wouldn't call you a thief..cause I know they multiply very fast in the nature! If you have one this year, you'll have 3 nextyer and soo on!

Moreover, there were people which have stolen my flowers of the garden! But for the next year I bought seeds (It was another kind of flower)and there were new!

I've never seen these flowers in Denmark! I live near Frederikshavn and here they do not exist...And I've not found seeds of Primeroses here!

• 4 months later...
[quote user="andyh4"]

[quote user="simi90"]. I'm not from here, I'm from Denmark! And over,there these kind of flowers do not exist,[/quote]

Oh yes they do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Primrose

From the Pharoe Islands and Norway to Portugal and East to the Ukraine and Turkey.

As someone else posted by taking these you deprive everone else of them not just for this year but forever, since they will not produce seed and create next year's plants.

Just three, suppose I came to your house and took away just three items - I think you would be justified in calling me a thief.

[/quote]I have just checked in my Swedish Flower book and there is no mention of Primula Vulgaris which suggests to me that they are not found in Sweden so maybe not in Denmark either. I do remember being told by a Swede when I was living there that they did not have primroses.I have seen good displays of wild Cowslips however