Restaurants for lunch - again!

Innocents Abroad

Our daughter's boyfriend is taking her to Paris (from the UK) for a few days for her birthday (what a lovely bloke he is and when are they going to get married and give me lots of grandchildren ..) .. oops, sorry, I get that way sometimes.  We're catching the TGV on Saturday and going up to meet them and take them for a lovely, long lunch - somewhere.  I've tried to do some research but there are just sooo many restuarants that I've got tired of looking.  I said to my husband that we'll just find somewhere that looks good and has a good menu but he's gone all paranoid and thinks that we need to at least identify somewhere and (probably) book.  Whaddya think?  Am I being too laid back? 

If anyone has any good suggestions (Missyesbut, I've seen your posting from last year and duly taken note) I'd love to hear from you - or if you think we'll be fine just 'winging it' then your encouragement - or otherwise - will also be welcome.

Thanks

Lynda

• 6 years later...

Sort of makes a joke of the OECD results doesn't it. I mean they (Indians) are supposed to do better than English and French kids but NOT obviously when it comes to geography unless France and the UK have suddenly become a part of the Indian subcontinent and nobody told us.

[quote user="Quillan"]

Sort of makes a joke of the OECD results doesn't it. I mean they (Indians) are supposed to do better than English and French kids but NOT obviously when it comes to geography unless France and the UK have suddenly become a part of the Indian subcontinent and nobody told us.

[/quote]Mind you many English people are seriously challenged on the geography front. Many seem to have a very vague idea of where towns less than 100 miles away are. They also seem to have problems distinguishing between Switzerland and Sweden.

[quote user="nomoss"]I think you should decide, and mention, in what part of Paris you want to dine. It's a big place and you don't want to spend all day riding taxis and spending more on them than on the meal![/quote]

It's a zombie thread that has been resurrected by a more than usually stupid spammer. It's like many politicians: forgotten but not yet gone!

Could one of the mods please remove the spammers website name and login name if not the whole message?

Yep - depends where abouts you're going to be in Paris!

One of my favourites is Sebillon (sebillon.com) near Porte Maillot - easy to get to. Always pop by when I'm in town....

Have often used it when at the Longchamp races - the lamb is a speciality and simply historic!

Chiefluvvie :-)

The spammer may have been pickled when he wrote it.

This resurrected thread from 6 years ago does raise the question of how long can recommendations for restaurants last. Around our local areas in both France and England after 6 years most have either changed hands or gone downhill whilst others have climbed.

[quote user="Cendrillon"]Exactly!  Richard

Why is the Spam post still on here?
[/quote]I reported it as spam to the mods yesterday lunchtime so I am baffled that it is still there especially because Quillan (a mod) has cpmmented on it. Perhaps he didn't consider it Spam