cheque emploi

chirpy

Yes you can claim tax back.  The box that applies is usually printed on your annual cheque emploi summary. If you log monthly amounts online you get the summary online otherwise they post it.

I don't have our file to hand but will look it up later and post again.

Edit:  The amount goes in either box 7DBor 7DF on the blue form.  You also fill in the name and address of the person/people you have paid.  I can't remember the difference between the boxes but it is clear when you read the print next to the number which you use in your own situation.

Hope this helps.

Mrs H

7DB if you (and your spouse, if any) were employed, or looking for work; otherwise 7DF. But I don't think it's clear whether this means for the whole year, or only part of the year.

By the way, it's not only "chèque emploi" payments that count. If the work was done by a registered business, that should qualify also, if they can give you the necessary confirmation ("attestation fiscale").

[quote user="allanb"]By the way, it's not only "chèque emploi" payments that count. If the work was done by a registered business, that should qualify also, if they can give you the necessary confirmation ("attestation fiscale").[/quote]

What kind of work would qualify for a tax allowance, Allan ?

Sue

The tax form as you know mentions simply "emploi d'un salarié à domicile", which is a bit vague, but the government website gives specific examples:

garde d'enfants,

soutien scolaire,

assistance aux personnes âgées ou handicapées,

entretien de la maison et travaux ménagers,

petits travaux de jardinage,

prestations de petit bricolage,

prestations d'assistance informatique et internet".

I'm not sure what "soutien scolaire" means: I would guess some form of tuition. The others, roughly translated, are –

child care

assistance to old or handicapped people

household maintenance

minor gardening work

small repair jobs

assistance with a computer and the internet

soutien scolaire is the equivalent of coaching, or extra lessons at home for children having problems at school

There are agencies which offer this or it can be by private arrangement.

When I first arrived in France I gave piano lessons and was paid by chèque emploi service also, and I believe the parents claimed under this section for tax relief. This may not be entirely what it was meant for, but it all went through all right.