[quote]Same sentiments as Will but from Brittany and I have got to wait until end of Feb until it happens ![/quote]

Miki, does that mean you weren't at Kempton, or is it Sandown Park on Boxing Day?  I thought of you and was quite envious.  The only time of the year I wish I was in the UK rather than France is the week around Christmas Day!!!  Still, brother in law did bring us a wonderful carry-out from his local Indian in Bedford on the 29th - chicken dansak, chicken madras and a pile of Bombay duck!

Happy New Year everyone!

Going back next week for a bit of retail therapy in the John Lewis Sale!

>>Miki, does that mean you weren't at Kempton, or is it Sandown Park on Boxing Day? I thought of you and was quite envious.<<<

I thought it was cancelled ?? - did think of Miki when I watched Best Mate lose though

>>Going back next week for a bit of retail therapy in the John Lewis Sale!<<<

Too late, - I have been, and seen, and cleaned them out !!

BTW they have HUGE towels, white or cream £19, apparently they only do them at sale time! (found good bargains in their own clothes range too)

Miki, does that mean you weren't at Kempton, or is it Sandown Park on Boxing Day?  I thought of you and was quite envious. 

Oh yes sirree, I was there, it was the next day that was cancelled, which was no worry as we were back in Chichester by then and I rarely go on the day after Boxing Day to Kempton.

I thought I posted on here somewhere that the Frenchman let me down this year ? Well it was a rare happening as over the years Francois Doumen has come up trumps on several occasions, this year First Gold had his legs ran off, even with Tony McCoy on board.

Best Mate was unfortunately on a loser from the start, the giving ground was never in the horse's favour and the winner was pretty much a good thing (aren't they all when they have passed the post !!) Terry Biddlecombe had let his feelings know about the chances of B.M in the Irish papers. Touch and go for the old feller for the Gold Cup I feel this year but let's keep the fingers crossed though.

Going back next week for a bit of retail therapy in the John Lewis Sale!

Couldn't get back to Kingston (J.L) this year******o (although we were just up the road in Sunbury, time was pretty tight and we just couldn't spare the time), so we had to make do with the sales in Chichester and Swansea but the beauty of it is, we are normally always back here for Tina to set the card on fire here in the sales as well !!

We had looked to buy some decent towels but we could not find enough in the same colour(which I am told we need!) and looking here in the Blanc promotions, pound for pound the sales in the UK are better in the UK (says her).

edit

Anyone got an idea what the crosses are for ? I don't normally swear when it comes to Kingston or Sunbury !! and I can't think what the word was...... weird !

I agree with Gay - I think the offending word was somebody's user name, i.e. c o c o .

Regarding towels - posting this from England BTW. Christies has a new factory shop at Gun Wharf Quays, Portsmouth, lots of bargains. BHS also has some nice towels at 50% off in its sale.

[quote]I agree with Gay - I think the offending word was somebody's user name, i.e. c o c o . Regarding towels - posting this from England BTW. Christies has a new factory shop at Gun Wharf Quays, Portsmout...[/quote]

Cheers Gay and Will,

Yes, of course it was C o c o, sorry C o c o but all the crosses never added up to the letters for your name !!

We will be too late in February for a further visit to the sales now in the UK, so it looks likely Tina will wait, either for the sales here or wait until her next visit to Metro and see what hotellerie towels they will have (not that good sometimes !).

We still haven't visited Gun Wharf to see the shops but we did try Southsea and Debenhams. I say we, if anyone was there, I was the one loaded with large plastic shopping sacks with the downtrodden look, glazed eyes and the "what the heck and I doing here" expression firmly entrenched on the chops!!

Sales shopping and shopping, it's a girly thing surely ?? Or if not, why can't I get motivated about it ? and  don't let's have a shoot at the wallet answer either, thanks ! What's mine is hers and what's hers is......well you know the answer, I reckon

Christmas and the sales are the only time I venture into Reading, only a mile away. I love on line shopping though !

BTW Miki, might be a long shot but I was told to look out for towels on www.landsend.com apparently they are worth shipping from America, if you buy them when they are in clearance. (it was a person in Normandy that told me too)