Help with purchase of washing machine

frenchdc

This morning I tried to buy a washing machine on the internet.

Rather than pay by carte bancaire as there was a problem with the system so the screen said it offered the option of cheque, mandate or virement. I chose virement and transferred the money to the rib shown on the Bon de Commande. I then wrote an email to the company confirming that I had sent it. Some 2 hours later I received a letter saying that there was a problem but that they could not re-imburse me. I have spoken to the company who told me to speak to my bank but the bank have told me that there is nothing they can do. I checked the Company out before placing the order and all seemed ok. I think they have gone into liquidation last week but the site is up and working. What should I do????

any help greatly appreciated

As I suspect you suspect ................ you're probably up the creek. No advice I'm afraid.

May we know the name of the Company, lest anybody else gets caught ??  Mods - that surely can't offend any 'naming & shaming' rules?

This happened to us a couple of years ago when buying a dishwasher. We had used this company before without an issue but within a day or so of paying by debit card (therefore without payment protection) we received confirmation that the company had gone bust.

We lodged our claim with the liquidator but there will be no dividend so we're stuffed. The only plus point is that if you have got an invoice you can claim the TVA back via your annual tax return.

Personally I would report the company to the police; as I believe from what you say that they have taken your money under false pretences. Also I would name them on every forum I could find to warn other people that this company is operating a scam.[I]