Does anyone know if it is possible /feasable to hire scaffolding and also if it is possible, can you get it put up for you? I have a few holes and abit of repointing that I need to do on the very top of my house and it seems to me that a very tall ladder is`nt the safest of options!

Many Thanks

Ronni, we found it a nightmare to locate scaffolding but we are only in France a fortnight at a time. We have just bought a set from England for the grand total of £160 for a 20 foot set. We will use it and then sell it for probably £150, a cheap way to do it, sorry if you are based in France and don't get back to UK often and this is a wild goose chase

(The company deliver free in mainland UK and the full 4'4" sq set fitted in the Zafira with seats down  www.scaffold-towers.co.uk)

Thank you that is really useful, we are in uk most of the time so it is an  option, I will look at website, it`s good to hear it fits in a people carrier too!!

Many Thanks

dept 50 brecey, do you know if there is one near us?? Would they deliver and put up by any chance?

Many Thanks

Thank you!

We brought a scaffold tower over from UK last year with the specific need of reapling some roof timbers in a dependence and the intention of just keeping it in France as part of the kit. We also bought in UK four acrow props which are a bargain if you're going to use 'em for more than a few days.

You need to take care with the scaff tower, make sure she's assembled as per instructions woth all bracey bits in, standing VERY level and the bolts are tightened securely up otherwise you tend to wobble and get a feeling of impending if not actual doom. Tie it back to the house if you can. Apart from that it's a great toy and adds greatly to the gaiety of the nations....

Jim la Guerriere