Bank pop and CC payments

Wilko

Hi

We bank with Banque Populaire. I have been away for 3 days and Mrs W bought some books on Amazon.fr with our CC. A couple of ours later Amazon mailed to say payment declined. She called the bank and they told her that an SMS message was required, or something, in order for the payment to be authorised. The amount was 20 euros and there were more than sufficient funds in the account. Does anyone know anything about this procedure, I don't remember receiving anything in the post re this situation. Thanks for any comments.

W

What can I say, we left the BP and now they have taken over the bank we went to.[:@]

Credit card?we only had debit cards in France, so I don't know what happens with them. I do know that we pay with our debit card and have had no problems so far, we still have our french cards as well as our french bank account.

There is also a daily changing limit on the amount requiring a security code so somedays €20 will go through without a code and somedays it will not.

If you don't have a French mobile to recieve a code it can be set so you get a code in a automatic email

[quote user="NormanH"]Yes with Crédit Agricole too.

You fill in the details of the card, but just at the last moment a security code is required.

This is sent to the mobile number you have registered with the bank.

It is an added security.[/quote]

Same here, also with CA, but the automated call with the security code comes to my landline.

Though I should add a security code has never been required for any Amazon purchase.