Ouch!

Grecian

Here we go again, I wonder if anybody can shed some light on my tax demand please.

For the first year since we have lived here I filled in our tax form myself instead of using an accountant, and I am pretty sure I put the correct amounts in the right boxes. Having not received our demand for our 3rd installment of our income tax by post, I today logged onto our online  account to see if the amount to pay was showing. This is where it starts getting confusing, there are two payments showing in the Type d'impôt box, one being Taxes Fonciéres and the other Impôt sur le revenu-Prélèvements sociaux. I read a while back that the social charge payment and income tax had been lumped into one payment, and to be payable on the same day as the 3rd installment of income tax was due, which is what is showing. Unfortunately the combined amount demanded is more than double last years amount and in the box Cumul des ordres de paiements déjà donnés, the two payments I have already paid for our income tax are not showing.

Has anybody else received their income tax demand through the post, or looked at your online account, and can confirm that the two payments have been lumped together, and if so is any amount of income tax that you have paid showing in the box Cumul des ordres de paiements déjà donnés. If I can ascertain that I am looking at the two payments combined that will be a start, if not then I am really confused as to why no 3rd installment of our income tax is showing. I am thinking that maybe my wife's E121 form has not been acknowledged and we have been charged social charges on our pensions.Before I go all guns blazing at the Impôts I would like to have as much information clear in my mind as I can so that I can argue our case.

Hope the above makes sense, and any feedback would be most helpful.

My avis d'imposition is not yet available. They state that they will be sending them out from the 14th August for those who have no tax to pay or pay in a lump sum, and from the 23rd August for those who pay by instalments.

They also state that tax and social charges are to be shown as a combined payment.

I can't help on the payments not showing. Perhaps they will show up after the 23rd?  but that is only a shot in the dark...

[quote user="Grecian"]Has anybody else ...... looked at your online account, and can confirm that the two payments have been lumped together      [/quote]

Because I had not heard about this coming together of the two taxes I had a look online to see if our avis was available, it was and it clearly showed that the impôts and the prélèvements sociaux had been lumped together. It was quite a shock to see such a large amount due under the tax heading at this point in the year, as I like time to adjust to forking out an extra 13.5%, err no sorry, 15.5%.

Sue

Thanks Norman for the information supplied, I see it does state on the impôts website that social charges and income tax will be lumped together. I first read about it on the link that knee gel supplied a while back. Although the tax we have already paid is not showing in the Cumul des ordres de paiements déjà donnés, having taken the total figure demanded and taking off the amount already paid, the amount left to pay matches exactly what is showing in our online account.

Unfortunately after running the figures I submitted for this years tax return through the online tax simulator, it would appear that our tax bill/social charge demand is correct. We had a one off investment payment to declare this year, and with the higher exchange rate for converting stirling into euros, and monsieur Hollande changing the way that share dividends are treated, with a relatively small increase in income declared our tax bill has almost doubled. The problem being that all the extra income declared will all be taxed at the next band up.

I am guessing like sue a lot of people will be unaware of the new change, and will be shocked like I was on first reading their income tax demand.

Many thanks for all your replies.