Hi all

I am a first time user (but hopefully not for long) of forums so I hope someone out there can help me.

Can anyone suggest an insurance company that does not require shutters, bars, special locks etc and insures homes that will be empty for more than 30 days at a time.

Thanks.

My house is insured via La Residence (Laresidence.co.uk)  It is probably not the cheapest but I had good service when I was looking for a property that when I found somewhere but not through them I gave them the business.

I stand the risk on the contents myself as the house is in a residential area with good neighbours so I feel the risk of burglarly is low.  I have not enquired but I would imagine the cost of contents insurance to be very high as like you we are only there about 50-60 days a year

BruceR

Most insurers insist on regular inspection of the property if its going to be empty for more than a couple of weeks.  But one insurer that covers you in full without lots of hassles is Schofields.  Brokers who arrange cover with a Lloyds Syndicate.  And if you need to claim, you can speak to someone in English.  

In fact they advertise that their cover "does not include inconvenient security requirements that other house insurance companies insist on".   Find them at

http://www.schofields.ltd.uk

I have no connection with the company.  In fact I spent all my working life with Norwich Union Insurance, so you'd think I'd be able to get a good deal with them.  They told me to get lost!