I am visiting Normandy (Domfront area) next week 13th-20th May with a view to a permanent move in the next 6-12 months. I wondered if anyone has the time to meet up with me for an informal chat about moving to this area and any pitfalls there may be for a 58 year old lady on her own. Ideally tips about Estate agents and possible recommendations of same. Health service pointers, bringing a UK car etc. I know there are forums covering these items but I find some of them quite confusing and feel that someone who has actually done this would be able to help me. I would like a place in or on outskirts of a town where I could hopefully integrate into the local community. My French is not too bad (verb conjugation could be better) and I can usually get by. Look forward to hearing from someone soon!

thanks  roseysan[:D]

Hi Roseyan

I would be delighted to meet up with you while you are in Domfrot.  I bought a place here a couple of years ago and live here half the year .. no central heating yet!!  I am the same age as you and also spend much of the time alone.   My partner still works in the UK.

I have made lots of friends in the area through the Red Hat Society.  We are a dozen or so ladies of fifty plus .. and some younger .. who get together to go out for afternoon tea and lunches etc.  We have a drop in salon de the at my place every Wednesday if we are no doing anything else that week.  The week you are visiting is one of those weeks so you would be welcome to join us/

If you wold like to meet up please call me.  My number is 02 33 14 15 82 .. obviously 0033 and drop the first 0 if calling from UK

I had a great estate agent here at Agence de la Tour but might kow of a private sale also.

Look forward to meeting you

Sue

Best wishes

Sue