VIDE GRENIER / ATTIC SALE / CAR BOOT SALE

Whatever your preferred translation of ‘vide grenier’, does anyone know of one happening on any day from Sunday 29th October through to Friday 3rd November in the Orne (61), Calvados (14) or Manche (50) departments?

We went to one on the summer and it was a great day. I’m taking my father to France next week and he loves these type of things so it would keep it occupied and make his day.

Cheers  [;-)]

Try this website - www.pointsdechine.com - it has a month by month listing of boot sales etc and you can search by area.  We are also in France next week but we will be busy getting our new flat straight, otherwise we might bump into you!!   Another good website which has listings of markets which are on every day is www.angloinfo.com - again, just select the area you are interested in.  Hope this might help and have a lovely  holiday.

Here in Charente the vide greniers are all but over (they are a spring/summer event in most communes) and the lotto season has started. Then it's Tea Dances, hunt suppers, and then...........joy, spring has arrived and it's vide greniers again!

There is quite a big vide-greniers at Pont d'Ouilly (40 km south of Caen) on Sunday 29 October (130 stalls) and Saint Pois (26 km north east of Avranches)

Will certainly try to get to the St Pois one.  Went to the one at Tinchebray a couple of weeks ago that was brilliant.  I have become a clock a holic!  Running out of places to put them all.

I got the little book - L'agenda des Brocantes Normandie earlier in the year from the local book store.  Has been a great source of information

Their website is www.agendanationaldesbrocantes.com

Thank you everyone for your postings, we will be going to the Pont d'Ouilly one for sure, so hope to see Jane and her red van there!

For those who noticed it, sincere apologies for the dual posting within this forum and I'm sorry if I caused confusion - it was a genuine mistake.

Cheers [B]

We did go to Point d'Ouilly and got a pitch in the school playground, but it was so wet that we didnt get our stock out. Its mainly paper based - records, hand made cards, books etc and didnt want to reuin it. So sorry to all those we looked out for us.

Jane