Wanted - Information on Teenagers, by Teenagers

As part of the continuing expansion of our business empire (ahem..), we

are considering opening an American style Diner in the Dinan area. This

will (probably, subject to our market research) be specifically aimed

at 15-25 year-olds.

Market research, critical to any business plan, is our problem.

Does anyone have teenagers at College in Dinan or the surrounding areas

who might like to do some research for us? May even pay for decent

research!

I'm going to post this in both the earning a living and Brittany

forums. Apologies in advance if I force anyone to read this twice!

Gosh, Nick, you must be as young as your avatar. It was a delightful (but I'm not sure how widespread) chain of establishments along similar lines to Wimpy, etc.

Sorry - I wasn't implying that you'd be better off finding a magic goose as a means of expanding  your empire![:)]

[quote user="Croixblanches"]

Gosh, Nick, you must be as young as your avatar. It was a delightful (but I'm not sure how widespread) chain of establishments along similar lines to Wimpy, etc.

Sorry - I wasn't implying that you'd be better off finding a magic goose as a means of expanding  your empire![:)]

[/quote]

OMG!!!!!! I remember those [:$] I must be showing my age now [:'(]

I used to like Wimpey's. Don't think Macdo's etc compare. The Golden Egg, remember it well and not fondly, not the Golden Egg's fault, used to go with friends and we used to have omlette and salad. Took me years to accept that omlettes are probably the most uninteresting and tasteless thing I do with eggs, in spite of trying to make them 'interesting'.

I reckon that getting the music right will be hardest thing in such a project. My son's never listened to techno, they wouldn't stay anywhere where it is played, now System of a Down, Fantomas and Muse etc etc (and I love this music too) would get their interest. How you could cater to the very varied music tastes of young folks I have no idea.

• 7 months later...
This would be great as long as  -

a)  You don't make it 'teens only!'

b)  You actually do make it something like a REAL American Diner  - that is, something like Ed's in London  - not the usual  beermat burgers / flaccid chips  / fake milkshakes!

c)  You make it totally non smoking

d)  You keep good opening hours - i.e. if one feels peckish at 5.35, you'll be open!

Best of luck!