[quote user="Dick Smith"]Speaking of St Hilaire du Harcouët (which I like a lot) I enjoy lunch at the Anacapria - especially the mili-melo de poissons. Is that spelled right? Looks wrong.
[/quote]

That's one of my favouries too. With boudin noir aux pommes to start and nougat glace afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...
For those who were waiting with bated breath...

We ate at le Moulin de la Sée, and it was good. Probably not good enough to please Miki, but good enough to please me.

The menu, you will be happy to know, is in perfect French. The souris d'agneau (The Lamb's Mouse as referred to on the website) with a cumin auce was excellent, not sure about the pumpkin ice cream - though it did go very well. I had the €26.50 menu, snd thought it good value with 12 oysters (a bit chancy at this time of year - not very plump) and a tarte tatin. The cheese choice was good, and all was presented well, although the service lost the plot a bit towards the end (no sugar brought with second round of coffee). The couple running the restaurant were friendly and obliging, and the lower-priced menus were good value - probably more so than mine. A la carte was no problem. Nice atmosphere, slightly tense as the entire equipe from another local resto were in!

I'd recommend it - any other opinions?

I don't like pumpkin soup much. I keep meaning to get a good recipe for pumpkin pie, but haven't as yet, it is supposed to be an aphrodisiac........ for men, but I suspect that the spices have more to do with that than the pumpkin itself...... but I could be wrong.[Www]

• 2 weeks later...

Extract of menu from Bayeux a few years ago:

I've deleted the French, more fun that way. Unfortunately they've updated it now.

MENU A 198F

FAT SHOT LIVER TO THE GREEN APPLE AND JAM OF RUSBERRY
OU
SCAMPIS TOASTED TO THE HERBS
OU
LIVER GREASINESS AND HIS SMALL SALAD
OU
CRUSTY OF APPLE TO THE CIDER

• 4 weeks later...

Just to report back that I and a friend (you know who you are!!) enjoyed a very good meal indeed today at the Auberge.  We took the €12 special lunch menu which comprises 3 courses including a glass of wine.  There was no choice but everything was well presented, well executed and delicious.  To start with we had a large salad compose, then cod cooked with a cream of leek sauce and served with some very nice vegetables.  We shared the cheese and pudding (a delicious parfait of blackcurrants with a blackcurrant coulis). 

The new patronne was extremely welcoming and friendly.  They have kept the waiter from the old days (I think he is called Stefan) who has matured nicely into a very charming and handsome accompaniment to the meal!  Stephanie (the waitress) has gone with the old owners to their new restaurant which is somewhere near the Loire region, we were told.

The rest of the menu looks very interesting and it has whetted my appetite to go back again very, very soon.

Pix in Basse Normandie [8-|]