medium term house rental/house purchase

Hopefully my background provides me with logical and reasonable thinking but this time have got it wrong in that we have now sold our home in Normandy and without a house to go to in that the sale took literally just a few days! I am now somewhat distraught not only on the front of being homeless but also that I sold too cheaply.  That is another argument. 

Thus unless we can find a house very quickly to buy then we will rent for the winter.  There are two of us plus some other baggage so perhaps the better way forward is for dialogue to commence via pm? Does anyone please have a rental available say from the end of September through to March?

Finally is Will the knowledgeable one around for I need his help please on the question of Immobiliers here and the initial contract and my rights and otherwise.  There are a few clause suspentives (is that correct) in the contract and whilst I am perhaps good on clauses in contracts these in French contracts are causing me problems.

kind regards

Have you signed the Compromis de Vente? If not then be sure to get the suspensive clauses translated before you sign (and don't sign if you think they're unacceptable or if you think the price offered was too low!).

For a rental property try agents and notaires in the area you'd like to eventually buy.

Hi Cheryla thanks for input.  Had the clauses translated no difficulty they just say that the purchaser needs a mortgage (he has one) and I have asked for absolute clarification that as this is our principal residence here in France and we pay tax as French residents that the whole amount less the diagnostics comes back to me.  Unless the Notaire confirms that in writing I will not sign.

As to price it seems that the market is tight and its a buyers market well we are hugely fortunate that the buyer paid the asking price set by three estate agents.   So I suppose we are lucky..................................but the house went relatively quickly so you always in such matters doubt your sanity.

thanks and hope things are going well?

regards

This happened to a friend of ours last year.  He had a holiday home in this village and came to see us on Easter Monday before returning home and to tell us that he had put the house on the market.  When he told us the price we felt that it had been grossly underpriced so he intended to phone the agent when he got home the next day.  By the time he got home there was a message to say that he had had the full asking price offered.  He asked if he could get out of it and the only way at that stage, even before compromis de vente, was if he recompensed the agent for their lost commission.

• 2 weeks later...

There is unfortunately some bad news in that whilst the contract was signed they withdrew on the last day of the cooling off period.  They came from Rheims he in a high powered job loved the countryside Mme preferred an apartment!  Discord and they withdrew.  Sad thing they asked me to give my word not to sell to anyone else, that I did gladly and apart from being a lawyer my word is important to me.

We literally turned away a couple from Manchester who begged us to sell it to them.  They have now bought elsewhere.

I have learnt a heck of a lot from this.

Now back to the drawing board trying to find free listing sites for the house.  Any ideas please use a few already but anyone used www.pap.fr please or any others

kind regards

First posting for a while in that forgot password (age) and AOL keep on bouncing emails from LF