impots.gouv.fr - cannot seem to give them money

Simon

I have my Foncieres to pay and up till now I went to the impots.gouv.fr website, put in a few details from the bill and then was able to make a payment direct from my french bank account. It now seems to want me to create an account and needs details from my income tax form which as a non-french tax payer I do not have. Am I missing something or do I have to now pay by cheque?

Regards

Simon

I have just paid my social charges, and all it asked for were my 13 number fiscal (which is on the tax demand) and the number of the demand, and then I was able to fill in the numbers of the RIB of my French account.

Is something else asked for for the taxe foncières?  Mine is taken automatically so I don't know..

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I too found this more difficult than previous years. I followed the news section about this year's taxes foncieres and then further 'pay online ' links.  This brings you to a page where you can pay using the info on the TF bill.

Would be much easier to be able to have a login, but like the OP, I cannot see how to do this without the 'numero de teledeclaration'.

Paul

I've been able to fill in everything on the online form - numero fiscal, reference de l'avis and etabliss code - until I get to the obigatory section requiring my electronic address and confirmation. There is a dire warning about making sure this is entered correctly. Seems to be a huge space as if they are expecting more than my email address but is that all they are after?

EDIT: Forget the above. Just being daft - it clearly is my email address they need.

[quote user="JeanS"]I paid out faxe fonciere online yesterday - just ignored the bit amount setting up an account. I've had an email confirming payment,so hopefully it worked.[/quote]

Me too and paid as normal. I thought it was smoother than usual actually and email in seconds. :}

I have just looked at what I thought was an email receipt for my payment but it seems only to be confirmation of registration. Unless I am misreading it, it looks as though I have still have to write to my bank before the actual payment will be made:

Vous trouverez en pièce jointe une adhésion au télérèglement comportant votre numéro de compte bancaire.

Il vous appartient de compléter ce document (codes IBAN / BIC, date et signature) et de l'adresser à votre banque, accompagné d'un RIB, dans les meilleurs délais.

Depuis votre espace personnel, rubrique "Ma situation fiscale personnelle", consultez dès demain votre ordre de paiement (Onglet "Mes paiements" - bouton "Mes derniers ordres de paiement").

I have never registered with the site. I have never downloaded anything and sent it to the bank. I simply gave them my bank details a few years ago and the annual payments have been easy to make every year since. As the OP said they have changed the site round this year and made the payment option very difficult to find. Like the OP I found it eventually.

Mine has been debitted as well and I definitely did not fill out and submit the authorisation form.

It makes you wonder just who else can siphon money from your account without permission, do les impôts have any more power than anyone else? If I had your bank details from say a cheque you had paid me could I send your bank a demand for a prélèvement?

Anyway, that was this years experiment and it was successfull, I wanted to know if the money would go anyway, it did and I didnt get hit with a majoration.

Next year I will do the same and then go and make merry hell at the bank asking why they have paid out money without my permission, that should shake loose the knowledge of how the system should work as opposed to perhaps how it does work. It could be valuable in the future methinks.

In any case it means in future I dont have to participate to this system of producing and shuffling around worthless pieces of paper.

Do you pay any other tax bills from your bank account Chancer?

I used to pay my taxe d'habitation by monthly payments so I have already signed at some time to let them take amounts out (although at one time you had to sign a different authorisation for each tax....)

No Norman, I have deliberately never done so. The only prélèvements that I have ever authorised have been my car insurance and Free.fr, I have however given my bank details to L'assurance maladie so they can make repayments to me.

What was interesting though was despite the above the details of my old now defunct bank account were pre-filled out in the boxes on the website screen and I had never authorised any prélèvements with that bank either.

It seems to be a generally held view that les impôts can and will take money from your account whenever they want, I dont think that is is without reason.