la banque postale en ligne

mint

Here's a plea for help from fellow users of la banque postale en ligne.

After several requests, I have finally received my password through the post.  Better still, I have managed to personalise my password and got into our account for the first time.

Went to look at our account (we only have the one basic current account), I could only see the balance and no other details.  Despite looking at all the options on the screen, I cannot see where I can view the whole current statement.

What discreetly hidden tab have I overlooked?

If you prefer to PM, please do so but please do not email as my email is not working properly.

Thanks a lot.

Sweet,

I'm looking at my account now.

There's a column with a black header Comptes et Contrats, on the left listing the types of accounts.

As I don't have a Compte Courant (Current Account), I can only describe what I see when I click on Epargne (Savings).

The Epargne page shows my 2 savings accounts and total savings (never enough!). The account names themselves are "clickable" if I move the mouse over them.

When I click on one of the savings accounts, the page shows the transactions with 3 tabs which translate as: "Transactions", "Ongoing", "Failed".

Each tab has a up triangle and a down triangle for sorting the operations in date order (earliest or latest).

Above the transactions, there are 4 options: print a RIB, download your account details (statements), look for a specific transaction or look at your statements.

Let me know how you get on...

Sorry Sweet 17, I`ve only just seen this - I wasn`t ignoring you!

I`m afraid that I`m such a dinosaur I couldn`t have helped you though as we don`t do on-line banking (just in case we inadvertently do something wrong and leave our hard earned savings exposed to internet fraud)

Hope your new computer is soon with you. We ordered a new one last week from Pixmania, and it arrived less than 24 hours later!

Oh my goodness, Pommier, so there's you and me struggling (at least I am tearing my hair out) with our new puters!

Nothing like having a fellow sufferer, is there?

Tell me, do you have Windows 8 as well and, if so, have you watched the video on how to use it?

Pommier, the video is on your destop somewhere.  It's over 20 minutes, I think and I just didn't have the time to watch it all.

BTW, how do you turn the computer off?

I haven't looked at it at all today, too much on my plate but might just sit down now that I am back from the gym to have a proper look.  I am more or less into the AZERTY now so very glad I took the plunge.

No, we must have bought a budget computer, because there`s no video!

I turn it off by putting the mouse pointer in the top right hand corner of the screen then moving it downwards until the `search, share, start, devices and settings` screen appears, then click on settings, then on power, then on shutdown. I leave it switched on all day though and it goes into a sort of hibernate mode if it`s left for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will find, brit, that everything with la banque postale is also written in French [I]

In fact, when I had to ring them recently, it took several tries and some advice from a Kind Person on the Forum, to know which button to press from a choice of 5.  I found the recorded message most confusing but, once I got through past the electronic switchboard to a real person, everything was plain-sailing (well, more or less).

The advantage, as I see it, is that you can always go into a Post Office and do your banking.  The drawback is that, if you do have a problem, the counter staff cannot actually access your account so banking on line is your only option.

And, if you find the French on britline not to your taste then you will certainly find nothing other than French with la banque postale.