english-speaking speech therapist in Domfront region?

I am seeking, on the advice of the local stroke unit (Ferté-Macé), an English-speaking speech therapist to assess and treat a friend who has suffered a stroke and is presently on the unit.

Anyone know of a therapist within reasonable reach (Domfont/Ferté/Mayenne)?

I don't know about that far North but there is a big society in LM for people with speech difficulties.  I will try to find their website as I'm pretty sure they have one. There is a speech therapy department in my rehab' centre but I don't think any of them speeks English although they probably know who does in their profession so I'll ask around when I'm there next.  I'm surprised that the people at La Ferte Mace aren't more clued up though!

[:D]

Nothing to do with speech therapy but your post has reminded of a friend of mine who was a passenger in a LHD car and was breathalysed!

That's just her sense of humour, saying nothing but blowing into the tube as instructed.  After she pointed out to les flics that she was only the passenger and not the driver, there were red faces all round.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Nothing to do with speech therapy but your post has reminded of a friend of mine who was a passenger in a LHD car and was breathalysed![/quote]

Perhaps a passenger in a RHD car, so she was assumed to have been driving although she had no steering wheel in front of her?

Sue

Thanks for your help, cooperlola.

Just to bring things up to date, and for future reference, we have found an orthophoniste in Lassay-les-Chateaux (53), whose English is sufficiently competent to offer the appropriate help. I can provide more info on request.