where to eat in abbeville at 8pm on sunday night

I will be staying at the Formule 1 in Abbeville for one night on Sunday 27 June and want to eat that evening.  Will be arriving at 7.30ish and want somewhere within walking distance preferably or very short driving distance as will have spent most of the day driving!

Thank you.

Thanks Sunday Driver & Sweet 17 for both those suggestions, I assume they are both within walking distance but will check them out anyway.

It seems we won't starve then as I had visions of everywhere being closed!

[quote user="leo"]

Thanks Sunday Driver & Sweet 17 for both those suggestions, I assume they are both within walking distance but will check them out anyway.

It seems we won't starve then as I had visions of everywhere being closed!

[/quote]

Both are within 5 minutes walk of the hotel.

[quote user="woolybanana"]I see we've all stayed there!  [/quote]

Yes, Sweet got in before me - I was going to suggest the IBIS resto also, although I do remember one summer when we arrived in Abbeville never having had problems getting a room before, when all hotels were booked, we slept in the car that night! (Couldn't keep driving as we needed petrol and guess what, they were all closed by the time we found we had no accommodation.   It was only later that we found out the the TdF was very close, hence the lack of rooms!

I'm going back across soon, and no matter that it is not TdF time, I'm going to book .....

I never explored the centre of Abbeville, but I would be very surprised if you couldn't find something open even on a Sunday night - it is quite a sizeable town ... and does get lots of people on and from their way to the channel.....

[quote user="woolybanana"]I see we've all stayed there!  [/quote]

Oh dear, does that mean that everyone has had bad experiences of the Formule 1 there.  Its my first time there & I'm still undecided .........

I have stayed at the IBIS in Abbeville, but not for some time, but as others say, you can be reasonably sure of a clean and neat hotel.  Formule 1 we gave up once the money situation was not so tight, as we dislike having to get back in the car to find something to eat, especially if we have been driving all day ....  but they have always seemed clean and neat -  the accor brand, indeed, all the budget chains, are reasonably keen on basic cleanliness and such, so I don't think you need have any concerns there.

Its nice to hear other people's experiences - reckon its going to be a Formule 1 then .... we just need to find somewhere to eat for breakfast the other side of Rouen as we are going to west of France - any ideas please??

opposite to the formula 1 there is as said Buffalo Grill, the Pataterie ( potatoes with everything), Viva Grill (meat, friday nights spit roasted sucking pigs) Le compter de malt ( replica of old style parisien bistro except for extra large tv screens and music) On same side of the road there is a very nice authentic auberge, which is extremely popular with the locals. All are within walking distance or if you want a longer stroll the is Le Bouglanier ( bread and sandwichs until about 8.30pm) Mc Donalds is opposite Hyper U that was Geant hypermarket.  By the way at Hyper U petrol ectera is the most reasonable in the district, sometimes but not often 1 centime per litre cheaper is the Carrefour Market  Petrol station lat the other end of town

Gillian

Just in case you weren't aware, with Formule1 you don't get facilities in your room such as loo and shower.  They are communal, usually at the end of the corridor of the bedrooms.  For this reason, I prefer to pay a few euros more and stay at Ibis or Etape or BB Hotels where you get your own bathroom 'Podule'.  The breakfast is OK in these hotels also for around €5 and it saves you hunting for food and can get on the road quicker if you need to.

• 1 month later...