Cheap hotel by A28 before rouen

I am driving to south west france on a Saturday in June and I arrive in Calais  approx 5.20 local time.  I want somewhere to stop as cheap as possible after Abbeville, but before Rouen by the A28.  I also want to be within walking distance to a restaurant or such for an evening meal.  I then intend to drive the next part of my journey in one so want to obviously take off as much time as possible on the might before.

Loads of hotels in Rouen - eg Balladins, why not get as far as Rouen before stopping?  If you are booked they will hold the reservation for you.  I've just driven back that way - left shuttle at 10.40 arrived far side of Rouen on A13 at 1.15, about 250km.  15 min stop north of Abbeville for loo etc.    Cannot remember seeing any hotels from the autoroute on that stretch, but bound to be something in the  Neufchatel area if you need to stop before Rouen.

Thank you both for your reply.  I wanted to stop just before Rouen,  I have seen an Etap in Isneauville but am worried that we may have to drive to eat in evening.  It looks by itself although on the Etap site for that hotel it says a restaurant is .50 km away so not sure if that is driving or walking distance.  Has anyone ever stayed there or got experiences of an Etap?

Thanks.

Can't resist saying that 0.5km will be the same distance by car or walking!  just the walking will take longer!

I haven't stayed in the area but frequently use Etap hotels with no problems.  There is restaurant is 0.9 miles away - Jeremy Viguer - have a look at trip advisor, I used the RAC site for distances.

If you want to be certain of a restaurant close by, I know that the Etap hotel in Abbeville is only a 5 minute walk from 3 restaurants, although it will add another hour to your journey the next day.

The other alternative would be to carry on to Rouen where there a few hotels/restaurants along the D18 which follows the railway lines before it heads north to the A13.

You often find that the cheap budget hotel (eg Etap) is close by another in the same chain but the next level up (eg IBIS) and they have restaurants, so you night need to walk to the next hotel, but it is easy enough to do.  If I've mixed my chains up, I'm sorry, I long ago stopped stayiing in Etap, and F1 simply because I like a bit of comfort and that includes being able to eat in the hotel that night, when I've done enough travelling in the day to want to turn out again.

[quote user="DavyH"]Can't resist saying that 0.5km will be the same distance by car or walking!  just the walking will take longer![/quote]

I guess what I really meant was how long will .5km take me to walk?[:$]

I have now booked an Etap in Rouen at Le Petit Quevilly just off the Rapide Sud III, not sure if it was a good move though.  I stopped in Rouen city centre once and it took us ages to find the hotel, lets hope that this is different!

Anybody stopped at this place before and got any experience re finding it, etc.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Last and only time I stayed in Rouen, hubby booked a town centre B&B and wondered why it was so cheap. Found out why when we retired for the night - our fourth floor room overlooked the cathederal and was right next to the bell tower - and the clock struck every 15 minutes throughout the night!!!!!

[quote user="leo"]I have now booked an Etap in Rouen at Le Petit Quevilly just off the Rapide Sud III, not sure if it was a good move though.  I stopped in Rouen city centre once and it took us ages to find the hotel, lets hope that this is different![/quote]

If you put the address of the Hotel in Le Petit Quevilly into Google and click on the Google map that comes up then on the new map take the 'little orange man' who is on top of the zoom in/zoom out bar on the LHS and walk him up the street. You can then look at your Hotel to see how close you are to a resto.

Sounds bizarre writing it down, but it works.

BTW I walk at just over 4 km an hour, so .5km would take about 7 or so minutes.

Sue