A cry for help! Please can anybody help me with my termite problem?

Well we have the 'rapport d'etat parasitaire' which is dated 24.06.2002 and yesterday, 23.10.2002, the mason who was supposed to be doing our new roof rang us to say that he had come across wood lathes that were riddled with live termites.He says they have been feeding for a lot longer than four months! He does not know how much of our roof is affected as he would have to uncover it in its entirity to find out.
My questions for you all are these:
1) How long does the 'rapport' last? It is not dated.
2) Are the surveying company guilty of negligence and will they have to pay for the new wood and treatment of any old wood that is good enough to leave when the roof comes off? I believe that all companies like this have insurance to indemnify themselves. (Had we know there was an existing problem, we would not have paid what we did for the house.)
3) Has anyone had dealings with this wood surveyors' company which is called CRD ? They appear to have offices in Deux Sevres, Charente, Vienne,Vendee, Loire Atlantique as well as our Charente Maritime?
4) If we have to have treatment for these termites and pay ourselves, can anybody recommend another firm that they have had dealings with and are pleased with near Jonzac?
This is all very upsetting as so far I have loved being where we are and just took this certificate on face value believing it to be correct. I am just grateful that our mason was honest and told us what he had found, as a less than honest guy could have bunged up the new tiles and kept quiet!
I would be really grateful for any advice on this problem.