Anybody else in the St.Omer region?

Hi,

We signed the compromis de vente last week and now only have to wait until the French administrators return from their months holiday in August to get the keys to our residence secondaire.

It would be lovely to know whether there are any other members who have property near us. We're not far from the St.Omer golf course at Lumbres.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Jacquie

Nord-Pas-de-Calais falls, in Completefrance terms, into Northwestern France, along with Picardie (where my house is), Normandy and Brittany.

There are quite a few posters (not posers) under that grouping that I think are in the same sort of area as you, so you may get more feedback by re-posting there.

Sorry to be so slow in spotting this - I don't usually look in this section but was trying to work out which area covers Haute Savoie for some chat about the snow levels!

Fay

PS - Oh good grief, I just noticed when you posted this! You may have moved on by now!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Folks,

What a nice surprise to get a reply after all these years!!  [:D]

Yes, we moved in 6 years ago.  I think at the time I realised that I'd posted in the wrong place and tried again in Northwestern France.  Confusing isn't it?!

I did have a couple of replies and met up with some people, but we had some family problems and illness and we lost touch.  Was hoping to make contact again but what with one thing and another plus loss of phone numbers etc ...

We've been very happy in our house and make it over there on average for a week once a month.  We'd like to spend more time there but commitments in England don't always allow.  One day we'll make it for Christmas as we'd always planned, but at least this year we'll be there on New Years Eve - hence making my way to this site, which I don't do often, to check out any New Years Eve celebrations.

Teresa, especially nice to hear from you as you're not far from us.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and here's best wishes for a fab 2008.

Jacquie