Can anyone please tell me from their experiences what the golf courses are like in Limousin?  At the moment I'm twiddling my thumbs here in the uk, until the house is sold and we move over for good, and would love to play when we get there.  Additionally, any idea about joining fees, waiting lists etc? Thanks in advance.

Brian

As the Limousin is huge, Some sort of narrowing down of the area might be useful.

In north of Limousin (Creuse/Indre border) there is an excellent golf course at Pouligny Notre Dame (Les Dryades). Only one I have seen, pretty useless if you live in Correze though.

Bob

Thanks for your replies, it would seem that there are not that many courses around, but here is a list of those that I have since found, including those recommended above.

La Coiroux - Aubazine

La Jonchere - Gouzon (Montgrenier)

St Lazare - Limoges

La Porcelaine - Limoges (Panazol) - Nearest for me!

St Junien

Golf du Chamnet (Peyrelevade)

Pouligny

Neuvic

There are also a couple more 9 hole courses, but I've seen the one near Bougenoeuf, which looked a bit ropey, so I've discounted these.

• 2 weeks later...
Moved here last August - Captain of golf club in UK with handicap of 5 - her indoors has kept me too busy since moving here - although allowed day out to Panazol which was a superb course. No waiting list for membership although expensive fees compared to UK. Agree with your comments re Bourganeuf - unfortunately closest to me but only 4 players allowed at any one time due to its size ! Have visited Gouzon out of season which also looks a great course but even higher fees than Panazol. I have honestly found though that there is more to life out here - well so she says !!!

I have read your posts with interest about golfing facilities down here and would say they are obviously few and far between in this region but if anybody would like a knock at Easter, May/June or July/ August when I am visiting I would be very interested , I am confident of being able to square it with "er indoors" about skiving off for a few hours!

• 3 weeks later...