Anyone near Clermont-Ferrand?

Hi Mary,

Our place is about 45mins SW of Clermont, in the village of Bagnols. We are currently still based in the UK and are only visiting for holidays but we plan to move at Xmas and open up as a B&B next year.

Are you in C-F or nearby?

Richard.

Hi Richard

We are currently still in the UK but I have my friends and family in or near clermont-ferrand ( cournon, les martres de veyre etc...).

I am originally from france but I haven't live there in more than 13 years. I lived in the USA for 10 years and in currently in the Uk for 2 yrs.

We will be moving there july 1st and my american husband and 4 children ( 9, 3,2 and 9 months) do not speak a word of french therefore I was looking for english speaking persons to ease it a bit

I know Bagnole it isn't too far.

mary

Perverse as it seems, the best way to find english speaking people living nearby to where you live is to talk the the locals - they know far more that you would ever give them credit for and will take great delight in telling you of Les Brittaniques who live at ............

Hi Mary

We ( me, my wife and our 2 yr old) have been living in bellerive (next to Vichy) for over 2 years and know of a fair few English speaking people in this area (mostly because we are estate agents and sold them their houses!) . There is also a cafe (juice cafe) in Vichy where a small club called the BBC meet once a month. If you would like to know more then just let me know!

Hope you are enjoying this area.

Jon

Hi Mary,

Had a bit of a rethink and have now put off move till 30th May as running out of time for tuesday (and have to come back to uk for SIL's wedding on the 28th) so we're breathing a little bit easier now! We have also booked the ferry crossings so theres no coming back thank god ( one way trips!!!)

Anyway....we are moving for several reasons. Moving to France gives us the opportunity to live the sort of life we want to live, at a pace that suits us. We have bought a house we could only dream of owning in UK so we can actually make our dreams reality. We want Nicole to grow up with better values in a more wholesome environment than is on offer in the UK. I could go on and on and on, but i'm sure you get my drift.

It's hard to believe we're on the home straight at last , it's been a long time coming!!!

Melanie

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Mike & Sue.  We are a fair ways north of you in Meillard, Allier (Between Moulins and St Purcain-sur-sioul.  Been here since Jan 2005 and breed Clydesdale Heavy Horses and Llamas.  Quite a few english speakers around here (French and english).  If ever you want to pop over for a chat and glass of wine or cup of tea, you are always welcome.

Regards,  Mike L

Hi,

1 more week to go, it's approaching and we are getting more and more excited. We can not wait now.... Everything we are taking is packed and just a few more things to sell.

Hopefully will be in touch soon with all of you.

Thanks

mary

Hi,

1 more week to go, it's approaching and we are getting more and more excited. We can not wait now.... Everything we are taking is packed and just a few more things to sell.

Hopefully will be in touch soon with all of you.

Thanks

mary