Hotels in Limoges

Hi, I am coming over to Limoges on 21st September for a couple of days. I am taking my adult son to see our barn and would like to stay in the City as I do not have a lot of time over there and would like him to see the area. 

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the centre or thereabouts close to restaurants and bars? Whenever I search the web the ones I find are booked for my two nights or seem to be well out of things.

Hi, I've heard the Hotel Ibis is good. It is certainly in the centre of Limoges with plenty of bars & restaurants within walking distance.

Sorry, don't know the web-site but have the address and tel no:

6 Boulevard Victor Hugo, 87000, Limoges

Tel: 00 33 555 790330

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay!

The Ibis isn't in the centre of Limoges.  It's on an "industrial estate" right opposite Mr Bricolage. 

It's north east of the centre of limoges on the centre routier .... with the main autoroute running beside it.  There are loads of hotels on the same site (B&B, Villages hotel, Fast Hotel, Formula 1, Premier Class... erm, couple of others but can't remember the names).  They all have websites were you can book up - don't just turn up on the day as they do get packed out.

IBIS is about double what the others cost ... villages is about E33 per night (and is my personal favourite!).  They are cheap, clean and functional (but the Ibis does have a bath instead of a shower).  There isn't any fancy dining nearby, but there are quite a few eateries, including pizza, etc.

If your after a holiday experience, go into the centre of Limoges, if you're after somewhere clean, cheap and functional, use one of the above - I've stayed in nearly all of them, and they are all of a pretty similar standard (except formula 1 where you share shower/loo)... also  heard a murder carried out one night at premier class.... well, bloodcurdling screams at 2am!  Very scary!

The Ibis isn't in the centre of Limoges.  It's on an "industrial estate" right opposite Mr Bricolage. 

It's north east of the centre of limoges on the centre routier .... with the main autoroute running beside it.  There are loads of hotels on the same site (B&B, Villages hotel, Fast Hotel, Formula 1, Premier Class... erm, couple of others but can't remember the names).  They all have websites were you can book up - don't just turn up on the day as they do get packed out.

IBIS is about double what the others cost ... villages is about E33 per night (and is my personal favourite!).  They are cheap, clean and functional (but the Ibis does have a bath instead of a shower).  There isn't any fancy dining nearby, but there are quite a few eateries, including pizza, etc.

If your after a holiday experience, go into the centre of Limoges, if you're after somewhere clean, cheap and functional, use one of the above - I've stayed in nearly all of them, and they are all of a pretty similar standard (except formula 1 where you share shower/loo)... also  heard a murder carried out one night at premier class.... well, bloodcurdling screams at 2am!  Very scary!

Just referring back to my initial reply, the hotel IBIS that I mentioned IS in the centre of Limoges. There is another one as someone else has said on the industrial estate but that is not the one I meant. The one in Boulevard Victor Hugo is near the multi-screen cinema and is surrounded by restaurants etc.

Just returned after a couple of days - (excellent weather and great meals and our Barn is beginning to look like it might be completed this decade) BUT I couldn't get into any hotel in Limoges or nearby - had to go to the Grand in St Leonard de Noblat to find anywhere to stay.

Was anything going on in Limoges on Wednesday/Thursday, or is there a general shortage of Hotel rooms in the Limoges areas?