Soon to be in dept.36

Hi,

after 3 years of dreaming we have finally signed for our property in dept.36 and wonder if there are any other members of the forum in the area.

Any recommendations of builders,fosse installers,borehole diggers ??,local watering holes or restaurants would be much appreciated.

We are staying in Creuse at the moment and travelling over to 36 whenever we are able so are finding it difficult to find out much about the area in such short visits.

As a matter of interest I would like to say that after 3 years of nail biting waiting to move to France it has been the contributors to this forum that have provided the information,fun and overall encouragement to peaple like us that has kept the dream alive during the tough times.

Thanks.

Jim & Lottie.

Thanks for the prompt replies Bob and James,however I may have given the wrong impression of where we are moving to.

Although we are travelling from Creuse to dept.36 it is about a 150 mile trip (sorry I can't get used to kilometers yet!!).

We are actually moving the a village called Pellevoisin which is about abot 20 miles west of Chatauroux.

Thanks again,Jim & Lottie.

• 7 months later...

Hello Jim and Lottie,

My wife and I bought a house in dept 36 2 years ago, we are about 10 kms or so south east of La Chatre about 1 kilometre from Urciers, we are retiring early next August (2007 ) and going to live there permanently as we love the area and people so much, as it stands now we cannot wait to get over tehre about 4 times a year.

Regards

Bill and Sally

Hi both,

we also live in 36 in a little village called villiers which seems to be about 20 mins from you.  We moved here in September 2005 and are still finding our feet. Feel free to get in touch and have a chat.

rgds

Jim & Carol

Hi all and thanks for the replys,we have only recently got back online so have not been able to keep up to date with the forum.

Anyone living within visiting distance would be very welcome, we are living like gypsies at the moment as the house has had to take back seat to getting the carp fishing business up and running. Slow,slow going i'm afraid.

We have managed to have electricity installed, a fosse installed, a well dug (the water stinks of sulphur so an expensive filter system seems to be called for) and we have telephone and internet (at last) so we have all mod cons but are still sleeping on camp beds !!!

Any help or contacts we can pass on we would be only to happy to help.

If anyone is in the area and would like to make contact for a chat our website is www.carpdreams.com and e.mail is [email protected].

Cheers,Lottie and Jim.