TV Aeriels

If the aerial worked for the previous owners it should be fine for your new TV. (Or maybe they sold the house because the TV didn't work).

Have you checked the complete run of the downlead from the aerial to the TV for any clear breaks or damage? One possibility is that it was fed to an amplifier in the loft and then down to the living area - and they took the amplifier with them. Also the amplifier could simply be switched off.

I assume that you have run the automatic tuning set-up for the new TV.

Good luck, Alistair.

When I was negotiating for my house, the TV was working whenever I visited the vendor. But my new French TV wouldn't produce a picture when I moved in. The aerial was still on the roof; I had plugged the aerial lead from the set into the same aerial wall socket used by the vendor.

I eventually discovered that they gone to the trouble of removing 30 feet of coax cable between the aerial and the socket!

There is a TV guy in Ste Severe, He has a shop on a tiny lane at the side of the Mairie in Ste Severe. If you are in the car park at the front facing the Mairie the lane is on the right. We had him to realign our Satellite dish left by the french owner. Word of warning though he usually has the whole of August off on holiday.