Have you seen our cat?

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/suninfrance/Davey.jpg[/IMG]

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone seen this cat.  We live in Arnac, just outside Pompadour, Correze (19) and he has been missing since Sunday evening 4th November.

He is white with pale ginger markings and the most amazing blue eyes which are slightly crossed.  He has a small scar on his nose and at the base of his left ear.  His nose is speckled with black. 

If you live around the Pompadour/Arnac area and you have seen him, please PM me asap.

We miss him dreadfully, as does his sister and the two wild cat kittens he usually plays with.

Thank you.

Jan

Thank you.  He is a gorgeous boy and we are missing him really badly.  His sister, who he normally fights with, is definately depressed and his two wild cat companions don't want to leave the house.  They just sit on the doorstep crying and looking around unless I actually go out to call for Davy and then they follow me.

We've posted about 150 leaflets and stuck his picture on countless communal rubbish bins in our area.  The Mairie, the Maison de la Press, the Boulanger, Post Office, Tabac, and 2 local supermarkets all have his picture now.  There have been 2 possible sightings, but when we've gone to the area, there is no sign of him, but there is a lot of countryside for him to get lost in.

Fingers crossed though.

Jan

Jan, that's awful, he doesn't usually go off does he?  As already said on another thread, are you sure he hasn't been shut in somewhere?  That happened to us once years ago and I found her four days later after I had previously been past the outbuilding in the neighbour's farm several times without checking as the openings were shut, but she had got in through the attic, down a hole in the ceiling and then couldn't get back up.  Even when I called her, she never answered me. I also had alerted all the neighbourhood and she was just nextdoor.

Hi Christine

I don't think he's been shut it anywhere.  There is nowhere round her that could happen.  2 possible sightings of him about 3kms away in our main town of Pompadour.  All we can do now is wait and see if anyone responds to our poster campaign.  We are both devastated as he is such a special boy to us.  He is so good natured and friendly.  He disappeared after we have given him a worming tablet.  Apparently some tablets can affect a cat.   I had crushed one up in some food for one of our wild cats and she slept - in the house - for 3 days and 3 nights before she was able to go out on the prowl again.  I'm wondering if our Davy was affected slightly differently and he just go disorientated and ended up doing a left instead of a right, and found himself in town.

I am absolutely beside myself and can't stop crying, he is such a special boy to us and even though we have 4 other cats, the house seems empty without him being there.

IF YOU HAVE HAD 2 SIGHTINGS ONLY 3KM FROMHOMEHAVE YOU TRIED STAYINY/WALKING AROUND IF POSSIBLE FOR AN HOUR AT THE REPORTED TIMEOF SIGHTING AS CATS ARE IN THE HABIT OF GOING TO THE SAME PLACES AND YOU MIGHT BE LUCKY.

WE LOST OUR CAT FOR 3 DAYS BUT HE HAD BEEN ACCIDENTLY LOCKED IN A SHED OF OUR NEIGHBOUR.

LET US KNOW IF HE IS FOUND.

While its worth checking out sightings other people can be pretty indiscriminate and inaccurate when they report seeing a particular cat.  I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he is still pretty close to home.  I know our cats can stay hidden for hours and days when they want to and still be only a few yards away.

Fingers crossed you'll see him very soon.

Mr Cat

I keep thinking that he is close by too.  He was a bit under the weather just before he left and I noticed a tapeworm.  So we gave him a tablet and then he went out.  He's not been back since.  That was last Sunday evening.  Normally if he's not feeling well, he's clingy and likes to stay asleep either on the sofa or our bed, so this is out of character for him. 

I'm wandering if he had an adverse reaction to the worm tablet, took himself off and got a bit disorientated.

I'm off up the road again after lunch with my binoculars to see if I can see him.  People keep looking at the strangely when I'm standing in the middle of the road or a field shouting, but I don't care.

Still no sign of him I'm afraid, it's been a week now, but I'm not losing hope.

Had 3 phones calls in response to our poster campaign.  One from a women who suggested that because we had lost a cat that we took the one she had just found (which wasn't our Davy).  Sensitive, or what !!!!!!!!!  Another call from a women who had found a small white cat with black eyes.  Our poster said large white cat with blue eyes.  Later on that same day, another phone call from the second woman's neighbour telling us she has found a white cat.  I'm on tenterhooks everytime the phone rings now.

OH went to SPA in Brive this afternoon and dropped off a poster.  Also the vet in the neighbouring village.  I keep calling, but all I get is the two wild cat kitties who used to play with our Davy following me around and meowing.

Thanks for all your good wishes though, and I'll let you know if he turns up.

[:(]

As other people have said, re-check all outbuildings and ask everyone else to do the same.   Similar to another reply on here, our cat once got locked in an outbuilding and even though we went in there several times calling him he decided not to respond, for his own reasons.

If your cat has been castrated I would have thought it unlikely that he would be as far away as 3 km?

Stupid, but obvious question, did you have any deliveries that day, or see any deliveries to neighbouring properties.   There is nothing our cat likes better than to jump in a car or van.    We always have to check delivery vans before they leave, unless we can see the cat.   I once checked my brother in law's truck before he left and found the cat under the dash..

I do hope you find him.

Hi Londoneye

I check every day and call every day.

Our nearest town is actually less than 3km away, however, I was looking at our place on Google Earth and the location where there was a possible sighting and "as the crow flies" or "the cat  travels", it's not that far away.  His main hunting ground is in the orchard opposite us, but if he carried on heading in that direction he would end up where the possible sighting was.

As for cars, he is afraid of them.  When he was very young, he was sleeping next to the back wheel of our car.  OH didn't notice him until he heard a squeal and realised he'd caught the cat's head with the wheel.  He survived it, but he is very nervous about cars, vans, tractors, etc.  We don't get any deliveries here out in the wilds, so although it is a sound idea, I don't think it's possible.

It's been 7 days now, but I'm still hopeful.

Thanks for your advice though and everybody else.  I'll keep you informed.

Jan

Such a shame.   We live too far away, but have a cat-loving dog, that can sniff one out at 1000 paces.

Your cat is so distinctive looking I am sure the posters will work eventually.   Hopefully someone may have taken him in.   Well, I know thats not good news in a way, but at least if that were the case he would be being cared for.   The worst is the not-knowing isn't it.

Christine - unfortunately he is not chipped and we don't have a local paper here.  If we did, that would be the first place I would put an ad.  Our local radio station does a lost pets slot everyday, so he has his spot on that.

Just had confirmation from my friend that the white cat seen last week by the Rugby statium wasn't our Davy as he was seen between 2 & 4pm while the match was being played.  Our Davy was fast asleep on our bed at that time and anyway, he went out Sunday night and never came back.

However, he is such a distinctive cat, if he was spotted, people would know.

I am sure I heard a reward offered this morning for a lost dog, on the small announcements section of local radio station.    so, if they are willing to advertise it on local radio  how illegal can it be?    If really worried call your local radio station and see if they will take an advert with a reward mentioned.

Good luck, been thinking about your cat (and you of course).