taking canoe on the gartempe

If you have your own canoe it should not cost anything. I am not aware of any organised canoe rental available on the Gartempe (though I am looking). I know that the Gartempe is classed as I and II which I believe is the most gentle. If I find any more info I'll let you know. I did find someone selling a number of second hand (ex-rental I assume) canoes on leboncoin for between 50 and 100 euros which was rather tempting. The other thing to find out is where public access can be found on the river, I was going to make enquiries at tourist info soon. Let me know if you have any success, won't you?

cheers

Steve

I  saw a frenchman loading his canoe onto his car on the Creuse at Crozant.He told me that there are no charges,and there is an access ramp there,and you can paddle up to the dam at Eguzon(or you can launch it there).Both a bit further north than the Gartempe,but I hope this helped.May see you on there one day.

Grumpy,What and where is Lebancon? That sounds tempting!!.Pogo

Hi Pogo,

www.leboncoin.fr is a france-wide classified advert site where one can advertise articles free of charge. There's quite a lot of reasonable stuff on there but some people's expectations of price are a little high!

cheers

Steve