Have you lost a dog

Bet you wish you hadn't posted that now eh JR? [:D]

Maybe if you post a photo that would help Suninfrance.  If not take the dog along to your local vets - this is the first place people go to or call when they've lost an animal

Hi Twinks - We have taken the dog to the vet to get it checked for tattoo or chip, but it has neither.  However, it does have a green collar, had no problem getting him into the car, he just sat on the floor in the back and didn't whine or bark.  He has been well looked after and was not emaciated although he was a bit in need of a bath and had a couple of ticks on his neck which we removed with our "tick tool".  All in all, he is a healthy young dog.  Our friends reckon he could be a labrador x rotty.

We also left details with the Mairie and spoke to the local dog sitter/walker.

As our friends have a cat, they didn't want the dog in the house, so overnight they made up a bed for it in their woodshed.  However, by the morning, the dog had dragged his blankets out of the woodshed and made himself a nice little camp bed outside their front door.  Bless.

Apparently he went for another wander yesterday, but came back, but then the farmer over the road took a shine to him and vice versa, so that is where he is at the moment.

I'm afraid I don't have a photo, but will try and get one as soon as.  I was also going to do a couple of posters and stick on the local bins.  

JR - in answer to your question, I think the dog is bilingual. 

• 2 months later...
Hi Jan,

I have lost a black dog wearing a green collar but my dog is very old with white around his mouth and on his poors,  he also has very bad breath.  I just thought l would contact you just in case it was him.  I am in 23 Creuse.  César has been missing just over a week now and l am so worried for him.  My dog is tattooed and still has his ball balls so think it proberbly is not him.  But you never know

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry Christine, I am sure you mean well but I hardly think losing a dog is done on purpose....... I realise Cesar is a rescued pet but it isnt going to encourage others to adopt dogs if public humiliation is on the cards should something go wrong.  Last time I looked after my friends dog in its own home the blasted thing climbed out of an upstairs window and sat on the ledge.  Neighbour phoned me calling me all sorts of names but it was already back in 5mins later when I returned.  My friend thankfully found it amusing even tho the consequences could have been disastrous.  I also managed to drive over my old bosses dog at the farm years ago.  It must have been sleeping under my jeep and being old, couldnt get up to safety when it heard the engine start.  I was mortified and the dog had to have its leg pinned.  I must say my empoyer was very good about it.  I am a very responsible pet owner with a lot of experience with horses, dogs and cats and accept that sometimes things go wrong. I am sure Lisa feels bad enough about it already.

I have been doing all I can to help Lisa find César along with many other rescuers.  I have never put any blame on her whatsoever for his disappearance and never suggested it was done on purpose.  I was just surprised to have discovered it mentioned on here ten days later and not to have been informed directly, that was all, not the fact that he was missing.

I know how much Lisa loves César and how she feels, but unfortunately so far there is no news of him.

Christine,  all l ever wanted for César was to have a good end to his

life,  l just want him back. the reason l did not contact you straight

away is because l thought he was in our local area.  l contacted you

when l thought the search should be widend.  I contacted Ta patte sur

mon coeur straight away as l had adopted him off them  and not you,  l rang

the police the vets and SPA,  l have done everything l can think of. 

Well, all I can say is I hope the story has a happy ending.  If anything happened to mine I too would be devastated.  Good luck with the search.  I must add that the cocker on the pets section is adorable and if we didnt have two already I would be sorely tempted.  (I am already but my OH will use the others as an excuse to say no)

[quote user="lisa"]Christine,  all l ever wanted for César was to have a good end to his life,  l just want him back. the reason l did not contact you straight away is because l thought he was in our local area.  l contacted you when l thought the search should be widend.  I contacted Ta patte sur mon coeur straight away as l had adopted him off them  and not you,  l rang the police the vets and SPA,  l have done everything l can think of. 
[/quote]

I know Lisa. César urgently needed a foster home when it didn't work out with the girl in a flat.  I tried to help when you said you would maybe foster another dog, so in a way it was through me.  An association was needed to do this and Ta Patte sur Mon Coeur were kind enough to take care of it as they had with his previous temporary home.  I don't know what they have done to try to help to find him.

Please don't feel any blame is on you Lisa.  I now know you did all you could and we shall continue to try to find César.  As I said, maybe he became frightened with the storms that week which made him uneasy and perhaps someone is feeding him, but cannot get near him to see his tattoo as he is very wary.  We can only hope and I shall try next week to put an ad in some paper in the Creuse.

I apologise if my previous post came over as hurtful, it wasn't meant to be, it was the sudden surprise to see César was missing.  You know, I'm a bit worn out too!

But I know what a caring person you are.   [kiss]