Asbestos disposal

Does anyone know where I can dispose of asbestos corrugated sheets in Haute-Vienne? They are all intact. They will only be dangerous if cut or broken. I don(t wish to pay a fortune for a team of people coming to collect in their protective gear as if they are removing asbestos from wall linings etc. Any idea of costs etc.? I am willing to to transport them, wrapped in polythene on my trailer.

I am aware of potential hazards of the material and the not so that some people think that it is dangerous to go within a few feet of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Our mairie couldn't help and neither could any of our local decheteries.  But we eventually found one authorised place in Haute Vienne:-

COVED, Route de Palais - Le Puy Moulinier, 87350 Panazol.  Tel 05.55.31.25.31.   It is situated off the main route from Aubusson to Limoges (N141) towards Le Palais sur Vienne(D140).  The webiste is www.dechetsbtp-limousin.org.  You have to make a rendez-vous (Monday to Friday (8am to 12).  As long as it is unbroken, you can put it in a sealed sack or box and transport it yourself.  They sell large sacks but are expensive at 27.34 euros each!

We are hoping to start our roof in the next week or two - depending on the weather.

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck.