What are you all doing to celebrate seeing in the New Year ?

[quote user="Théière"]You may well be Santa Claus but that's no excuse not to enjoy yourself [:)][/quote]I've been outed [:D]

Yes sweets, there is that comfort, a glass of wine to go with it would be nice though [:(]

'er indoors of course will enjoying a glass with her beans on toast.

[quote user="cooperlola"]I will be in hospital in Le Mans as I have a six hour operation scheduled for the 30th December.  You are welcome to join me if this is your idea of a good time![:D][/quote]

Good luck with the op - I am sure our thoughts will be with you...

I do like gas and air though... I always think it's a bit like non fattening G&T.

To be honest, I find the new year celebrations to be a bit lost on me these days - if you go and visit friends then the driver cannot drink so it's a bit of a waste of time; if we stay at home there are just the two of us and recently we've struggled to keep our eyes open long enough to get to midnight and usually end up going to bed before we get there.  Thus when I was offered that date for an op' or the alternative of waiting another two months I jumped at the chance.  I agree about gas and air - a nice harmless little trip to boot![:D]

[quote user="cooperlola"]I will be in hospital in Le Mans as I have a six hour operation scheduled for the 30th December.  You are welcome to join me if this is your idea of a good time![:D][/quote]If I could hitch a ride on a passing helicopter Coops I'd take you up on the invite [;-)]

Enjoy your 'trip' [:D]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

To be honest, I find the new year celebrations to be a bit lost on me these days - if you go and visit friends then the driver cannot drink so it's a bit of a waste of time; if we stay at home there are just the two of us and recently we've struggled to keep our eyes open long enough to get to midnight and usually end up going to bed before we get there.  [:D]

[/quote]

So true, though I might this year get around to drinking some of the champers I was given for my recent big-0 birthday, and go to bed happy!!

[quote user="AnOther"]Working [:(]

Christmas too [blink]

[/quote]

Snap!

Although as Christmas day is Friday (ditto New year) and that is the weekly ''Holy day''  I guess I may not actually be at work - maybe! It depends on priorities driven by financial considerations of liquidated damages.

edit:   Best of luck Coops.

[quote user="Richard"]I'm not sure what I'm doing Christmas day yet. I was planning on spending it alone originally, but I think other people have different ideas. See what happens. It's ages away anyway.[/quote]

Cough !!  cough !!  It's about New years Eve/day,  we've gone past Christmas day

les  Favets

You could check whether your commune or a neighbouring commune is holding a repas. The local St Sylvestre do is usually good fun, so that's what were doing this year.

It's great...dancing between each course.....waiting for your dessert at 1am....walking home singing with the neighbours!!

[quote user="les Favets"]

[quote user="Richard"]I'm not sure what I'm doing Christmas day yet. I was planning on spending it alone originally, but I think other people have different ideas. See what happens. It's ages away anyway.[/quote]

Cough !!  cough !!  It's about New years Eve/day,  we've gone past Christmas day

les  Favets

[/quote]

I know, I can't even give you an answer about something that's sooner let alone later!!! [:D]

Last New Year's Eve, one of my children was in hospital.  The nurses managed to get all the children and babies asleep so that all the parents and staff could celebrate (with non-alcoholic sparkling fizz) at midnight.  But we had to be really quiet so that none of the little ones woke up.