Help with mobility!

Have torn ankle ligaments & achilles tendon (nope, not telling how) and am seriously peed off 'cos the ceps are waiting and I can't get around the woods & forests in plaster & wheelchair...is there any kind soul in Limousin who has a quad bike they're not using? Can I beg, borrow, steal, hire or buy one?

Oh crumbs - you poor thing - can't help I'm afraid but hope you get better soon - and in the future be more CAREFUL !!

Hardly any cepes this year I gather anyway so you are not missing much - keep seeing very grumpy people slinking around the woods with empty baskets - not even any in our grounds this year - last year we had loads.

Interested in your wood bending though (on another thread).

Getting too old to party with teenagers LE, well the body is but the mind disagrees...anyway, the dare was unfair!

I reckon conditions have improved for the ceps LE...here's hoping.

The steambending is a really interesting subject LE, it suits my style...over to the woody forum!

You can get off-road wheels and tyres for a normal chair (I'm getting to know all kinds of weird stuff these days!).  Have you tried a local mobility shop - mine will hire out scooters etc but I guess this is a problem if you're on a budget?  Speak to your quack and see if there is anything available to you from the health department locally - we have a service which, if you get a prescription, allows you access to all kinds of mobility and home aids on the state for as long as your laid up, including electric wheelchairs if your doc' thinks you could do with one.

Courage.

If I had one I would give it toyou today as I know what your're going through.

You seriously have my sympathy with this as I did the same thing years ago (OK, self inflicted, I was playing squash)  I had ligaments and tendons stitched up, plastered up for 8 weeks IIRC. then walking with a stick for ages.  These soft tissue injuries take a Looong time to heal.  I'm not trying to depress you or anything but just to urge caution and patience, trying to do too much too soon just sets you back

Hey there Coops! My wee problem is like a broken fingernail compared to what you went through, it's a great opportunity to get stuff done that I wouldn't have wasted time on otherwise!

Thanks Pierre, it's not the first time & this was sort of self inflicted too...nine hole boots laced up tight help the rehab alot.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

You can get off-road wheels and tyres for a normal chair (I'm getting to know all kinds of weird stuff these days!).  Have you tried a local mobility shop - mine will hire out scooters etc but I guess this is a problem if you're on a budget?  Speak to your quack and see if there is anything available to you from the health department locally - we have a service which, if you get a prescription, allows you access to all kinds of mobility and home aids on the state for as long as your laid up, including electric wheelchairs if your doc' thinks you could do with one.

Courage.

[/quote]

Is that a local service?

I have difficulty even getting a stick on prescription. An electric wheelchair?  Dream on.

[quote user="NormanH"][quote user="cooperlola"]

Courage.

[/quote]
Is that a local service?
I have difficulty even getting a stick on prescription. An electric wheelchair?  Dream on.
[/quote]Yes, it's available to anybody in the Sarthe.  If the doc' thinks you need something, you get it - even electric chairs (I don't have one but I know several people who have had them for short and long periods) and scooters.  I've got all sorts of things including wheelchair, crutches, comode, special chair, adaptor for the loo, trolley etc etc.  Pretty neat!  Obviously we're lucky here but I guess there may be others in France - surely it cannot be unique to the Sarthe can it?