A need to reorganise the regions on the forum?

The posting today by Piglet prompts me to question whether the forum's regional breakdown needs to be re-thought. Auvergne will cease to exist as an entity and will coalesce with Rhone Alpes, and the same will apply to many other regions.

We can of course leave things as they are since folk know where the old administrative regions are, but over time this will become less and less relevant to the real world.

It has always driven me potty!

I know I lived in SE France, I was about an hour from Geneva and an hour from Italy, and that is SE France.

And yet, Perpignan it appears was in the same region as me!!!! ONLY about 490kms away, so how could it be in SE France...... it is SW France, surely.

If we think of Paris as being the centre of the univers, as the Parisiens do, then Carcassonne is smack bang due south of it. The Meridian Verte, originally known as the Paris Meridian, runs through Bass Carcassonne.

Perpignan is S/E, east by about 50Km, of us here and we are considered to be in the South East.

I've come to the conclusion that it ain't the S/E of physical France, just the political France??[8-)]