register or not?

josie

Hi everyone, I am looking for a spot of advice please.

I have a siret number from a micro bic professional which is now closed and has been for some time. I am trying to find out if I can declare any adhoc earnings from cleaning/maintenance etc as a bic non professional on the tax form or if I would have to re register as business? I don't envisage earning a great deal, as it would be 'adhoc' and to help friends etc but I don't want to work on the black. If anyone does the same or knows of any links that would explain it, it would be appreciated. I have had a look at the auto entreprener site and from what I can see, there will be a minimum payment for social charges whether you earn anything or not (seems high at around 1800e) any help greatly received, cheers

Hi Josie, not sure why you thought autoentrepreneurs pay a minimum amount in cotisations, but that isn't true. If your cleaning services qualify as a business under the AE scheme, then once registered you'd pay 24.6% of your turnover in cotisations. If your total income from all sources was less than approx. 27,000 euros per annum, you could also opt for a fixed income tax payment of 1.7% of your turnover. Registration, making declarations and paying your cotisations and tax are all very simple. A good video on how to register is here: http://www.startbusinessinfrance.com/video/post/video-how-to-register-as-an-auto-entrepreneur-online

Hope that helps

Many thanks for the replies everyone. I was asking as I thought I read on one of the many sites that from 2015, AE will have to pay a minimum of around 1500e in cotisations regardless of turnover. I may have got it wrong (which happens often) , so will go and speak to the chamber of commerce/impots this week and see what they have to say. Thanks again for all advice