Cat and Dog Boarding Kennels

• 5 months later...

Just for the record, Buais is in Manche (50) near St Hilaire de Harcouët (and coincidentally very close to where we live). I'm told that Acorn only caters for dogs at present, we are very well served for kennels in this locality because there is also 

Paws Awhile, Husson (02 33 69 34 37), which we use and are very satisfied with (for our dog and any cats that are too elderly or too young to be left in the care of the neighbour).

The old posts haven't actually been lost, they are in there somewhere, it's just that because of the different layout of the old and new forums there are a lot of posts floating around looking for a subject. I did a search, and these recommendations for kennels from the old forum came up:

Posted 10/05/2004 23:14 by Dago49

I can recommend 'Wags & Whiskers' of Marminac near Cazals in the Lot (46) e-mail [email protected] they took great care of our elderley Springer Spaniel on her first ever stay at a kennels.

Posted 04/08/2004 22:45 by Chrisb

Hi www.animalolidays.com are a kennels/cattery about 10kms South of Cherbourg. We have used them several times for our dogs, but I don't know anything about the cat accommodation, I'm afraid. Regards Chris

Posted 25/07/2004 13:13 by Dyson2

Also La Dierge in St James (admin note - I think this refers to St James near Mont St Michel - yet another in dept 50).
Dyson

Posted 25/05/2004 10:02 by Leslauriers

I haven't used them but there are english run kennels "Pattes et Griffes" (paws and claws) at Georges near Montagrier 05.53.91.37.08

Posted 24/05/2004 16:12 by Dordognecarol

www.dordogne-on-line.info E mail John Wilkinson - [email protected] (sorry cannot remember phone number) he runs a kennels near La Coquille just off the RN21. If you don't get a reply e mail me and I will get the number from a friend.

Posted 25/04/2004 19:45 by Steph
There is also a good French run kennels called Le Petit Coudray, south of Chateau Gontier (sorry, I'm not in France at the moment so don't have contact details), they looked after my 2 dogs and were very reasonably priced at 8 euros per dog a night.

I hope these help - I'm sure there have been other postings about kennels; I'm sure there's one just off the road between Caen and the Ouistreham ferry port. Will

• 6 years later...