Water Payment Automatically switched to Monthly Direct Debit

I have had an email from SAUR the Vendee water people asking me to choose which day of the month I would like for them to take the water payment . I have always paid the water bill by signing a TIP when I have got it . Now it seems they have processed my bank details into a system they will mean they take it monthly ... No doubt they will make sure they take more than my water bill is likely to be over a one year period .They don't seem to be giving me a choice to leave things as they are . Anybody else had one of these Emails ? It looks like if you do nothing they start taking the payments on the 5th of each month .

A try on, a bit like an assumptive close, "what day would you want to take delivery of the car?" etc.

They cannot take direct debits without a signed autorisation de prélévement, no doubt many will be tricked into replying with the firts or second week of the month and the autorisation will be sent out for signature.

I would ignore the letter.

Be warned, as I believe, when you receive your facture, you should just add the cheque to the envelope with the piece you tear off - that should only have the amount written on it. If you have signed it you are giving them permission to take the money by direct debit etc.

I have already spoken to the bank Norman .... The catch is on the letter which is a flashy colour thing with photo and explains they are doing it to make life easier for me . There are two boxes to click on .. One to let them use the 5th the other to choose another date .....I think its a B****y cheek ! .

Good point Wooly ....I have not replied .. They are not asking for bank account details they point out they have them ...It looks genuine We shall see if anybody else in 85 pops up and says they have had them as well .. I have looked at their web site and the bill payment method now shows as below

so it looks like they now want to take in monies monthly ... They don't show any alternative ....Below is a Google translation ...........................................................................

Payment methods for your water bills

For peace of mind, avoid reminders or balance your budget, do take your bills

Monthly sampling: monthly payments are paid at the date you have chosen and you will receive one bill at the end of the billing period (usually year end). The balance will be collected and whether it is in your favor, you will be refunded.

The debit of bills maturing: the amount of your invoice will be charged 15 days after its date of issue.

You can start the removal of your bills from your Customer Area . Either download the form Sampling Monthly or Debit maturity of bills , and return it to the address indicated on your invoice, accompanied by a statement identity banking.

S i bills are not collected, the settlement period is 15 days.

In the event of financial difficulty, do not hesitate to contact a counselor who will guide you Saur.

Back to homepage

Copyright © 2011 SAUR

Home | All information on water | Saur | Contact | Imprint

Funny thing is we've been badgering our water company for years to let us pay by direct debit, as we are usually back in in the UK when the bills arrive, so for us it would make life easier. Unfortunately they seem to think we are bonkers for wanting such a system. So how about a house swap Frederick? [:D]