coupons

opas

I have  recently had cause for complaint on a couple of products and thought I would let the companies concerned know in writing. After the long explanation about strict Quality Contol etc and apologies they enclosed a voucher for me to try another of their products. Great, why not, so off to the supermarket to look for something out of their range that took my fancy and off to the checkout with appropriate storecard in hand, manufacturers coupon/voucher and money to make up the difference.

You would think that I was tendering a dodgy 50 euro note , the fuss and bother made by the C/Out staff, ask her mate on next till... met with the shrug! Phone her supervisor..... must buy something out of the range (I had) followed by a full examination of my shopping (even though I am holding up said product, showing the brand name) full inspection of the Voucher..turn it over, feel paper quality between finger and thumb, look me and the family up and down and finaly a shrug and OUI whewww. All that for 1 euro 50 cents.

By all this fuss I take it that I would have to buy any product that I have a coupon for here in France (received some through the post for a survey I filled in)  As some members will know I used to work at Asda in the UK and they and Tesco are renowned for taking coupons off customers (up to a % of their spend) as long as the store sells the product, but customers do not have to buy.